SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Nano range report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Nano range report Login/Join 
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted
I am curious to know if many, or any, are using the Beretta Nano as a concealed carry gun.

About 5 years ago I was introduced to the Beretta Nano by way of a review here on Sig Forum by Para. As my memory serves, he had a pretty glowing report. I was looking for a pocketable 9 mm for carry and this looked like it would fit the bill.

Went to my LGS and handled one. Liked the small size and the esthetics appealed to me. Appreciated the lack of external controls (even the lack of slide lock release). The trigger sold me. For concealed carry the DAO, very smooth travel seemed ideal. With adrenaline hopping, the fairly heavy pull would help to prevent any twitchy discharges.

I carry this in a very generic Uncle Mikes holster that is thin and adds very little bulk. It hides well in dress clothes as well as jeans. I do have to say that when I purchase pants I check to make sure they have a generous front pocket.

I just passed 2K rounds and I am glad to say I still think as highly of this pistol as when I first bought it. I have had no malfunctions of any kind. I use 124 grain Speer Lawman for training and 124 Speer Gold Dot for self defense. Modifications have been few. Trijicon night sights and Lasermax laser for times when a great sight picture is not possible. Talon grips.

I find the recoil soft with no trigger bite. Accuracy at 30 feet (I figure this is about as great a distance as I will need) is good. Rapid fire from holster within about a 4-5" group. Do get the occasional flier with this as with other pistols. A reflection of me, not the gun.

Here is my last target from the range. This gun is from an early serial number. I changed the frame to FDE much later.

https://imgur.com/a/Mjsps

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
Damn,

Anyone have an idea of how to upload a photo. Photobucket no longer works and I will not pay $99!

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I had one several years ago. I liked it, no issues with 115gr or 124gr ammo. I know of people who did have issues with 115 no feeding right.

Holsters and extra mags were kind hard to find for it. ended up selling/trading it for something else.

I use https://postimages.org for image hosting

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I had one for a year or so. No issues at all with self-defense ammo. I had a few malfunctions with weaker range ammo when it was new.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine now for about 2 years. I still think it is a very good handgun. Never a issue with it.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I had one a few years ago. Only had it for 3 months or so. Function was 100% but it never felt great in my hands. Ended up getting rid of it because I just liked my subcompact Kahr pistols a bit more. I did like that it had smooth sides (no controls).

Glad its working out well for you though!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I carry mine all the time in a R GRIZZLE leather holster. Accurate and reliable since Beretta replaced the extractor.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post