SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ETS Group G42/43 magazines now shipping
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS Group G42/43 magazines now shipping Login/Join 
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I'm on my phone, I tried to post pics but it's not working. Anyway, mag came yesterday and I just loaded it up and cycled it through my 43 a few times. It was a little difficult getting the 12th round in the magazine but other than that it was fine. Inserting the magazine into the gun with the slide open worked fine, I did notice you have to really push hard for it to catch. Inserting the mag with the slide closed and cycling did result in a jam once. I will not get to the range for a bit to see how it truly performs.

It's about the same for the 22 round mag for 9mm. 22 will fit in the mag, and you can smash it into the gun and get it to lock in, but I guarantee that they wont run with 22+1. I'm assuming the springs will set and become easier... but as of now, I treat them as 21 rounders.

I might mess around with my chipped follower to see if I can cut it down to accept more rounds. It seems excessively tall compared to the competition followers I use in my 2011s..

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Just got my 12 rounders in the mail yesterday, will be taking them to the range this weekend.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope those new mags work for y'all. I bought some of the first 31rd mags they came out with and had to replace the springs and followers then the feed lips cracked on all of them. I won't buy anything ETS now.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7 round G42 mag is good to go. I'm impressed with the quality and the price attached to it. Will be ordering more and across other calibers as well.

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
With the Glock magazines, a Pearce +1 baseplate allows eight in the magazine. With the ETS mag, it still only allowed seven in the magazine.

Have you tried the Pearce +1 on the 7 round ETS magazine?

Are the baseplates compatible?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:
With the Glock magazines, a Pearce +1 baseplate allows eight in the magazine. With the ETS mag, it still only allowed seven in the magazine.

Have you tried the Pearce +1 on the 7 round ETS magazine?

Are the baseplates compatible?

Yes, that's what I was talking about.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Since the GLOCK G43 mag is essentially a 6.75 round mag I imagine ETS just engineered the spring/follower to make it 7. So makes sense the +1s on the market don't add 1.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, that's what I was talking about.

Thanks. I knew the regular 9mm (17/19/26) ETS mags were compatible with Glock baseplates.
Good to know the 42/43 should be the same.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Pearce on the short G43 mags; on the 7 round mags, I put the Pearce +1, but they don't add an extra round to the magazine.

I put the Vickers baseplates on the G17 mags. They seem to fit fine, lock into place fine, and in the G34 they seat against the agency arms magwell just the same.

Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Hit the range this morning to try the ETS mags for both the 19(15 round) and 43(7 round). Didn't have time to put an extensive amount of ammo through either. However the 43 mags I had one failure to load on the last round on 1 of the mags One time. It did not repeat the issue the following time on the line. The 19 mags ran fine, but again I haven't put many rounds through them.

Overall I was pleased, however somewhat reserved on the 43 mag due to the one issue. Only more ammo through the mags will tell.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What I'd really like to see are 10 round mags from Glock for the 42/43

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What I'd really like to see are 10 round mags from Glock for the 42/43

Agreed. I may pick up a TT +3 or something similar in the future to try with the ETS 7 rounder. Although for the price of 1 extension I could buy 2 more mags...

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to see someone put a lot of rounds through the 7 and 9 rounders.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ordered a 7 round mag for the 43 and a 24 round and 30 round mag to try out in my Glock 31/32/33.

I'll try to abuse the 7 round mag and see how it holds up.

Not minority enough!

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Received two 7 and one 12 G43 mags today. Initial feel of the mags is disappointing. The body plastic feels very flimsy and my followers can be lifted out from the front as well. Loading them to capacity completely compresses the springs and while with some effort they will seat on a closed slide(doesn't feel completely locked in) it doesn't appear that the gun would properly feed from a full mag as it is solid with no compression left. After two fills and empties the 12rnd mag spring has lost a lot of tension. But I'll leave them loaded to break in and give them a go next time I get to the range.

I imagine with a +1 base(and not gaining another round as another member pointed out) they would seat better and have enough spring slack to function better.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Received two 7 and one 12 G43 mags today. Initial feel of the mags is disappointing. The body plastic feels very flimsy and my followers can be lifted out from the front as well. Loading them to capacity completely compresses the springs and while with some effort they will seat on a closed slide(doesn't feel completely locked in) it doesn't appear that the gun would properly feed from a full mag as it is solid with no compression left. After two fills and empties the 12rnd mag spring has lost a lot of tension. But I'll leave them loaded to break in and give them a go next time I get to the range.

I imagine with a +1 base(and not gaining another round as another member pointed out) they would seat better and have enough spring slack to function better.

The +1 baseplates on my 7 round ETS G43 magazines made no difference.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
After two fills and empties the 12rnd mag spring has lost a lot of tension. But I'll leave them loaded to break in and give them a go next time I get to the range.

I'm starting to believe they have an issue with their springs. I have 5 of the .40 19 round mags and tested 2 of them. After a few mags full, my Gen4 pistols were experiencing feeding issues. They sent 2 springs from their 24 round mags to try in the 19 round mags. I haven't had the chance to test them in that configuration yet, and the capacity is reduced to 18. As a courtesy, they also sent a 16 round and a 24 round mag for me to try. The spring tension in the two extra mags they sent is noticeably stronger than my 19 round mags before the spring change. I have all of them loaded now and will see how much the tension decreases.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
So far only 150 rounds through the 43 mag. No issues. I can load it from slide closed or slide locked back.

I can't get the 24 and 30 rnd .40 cal mags to work in my 357. Don't have a .40 to try. Back they go. Gotta order some more 43 mags and some 42 mags.

Not minority enough!

Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Took the 7 and 12 rounders to the range this past weekend, function was perfect on all six mags, about two hundred rounds total. Getting the last round in the 7 was pretty tough but should become easier over time.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a 7 and 9rd magazine on the way after happening into a G42 last week. Looking forward to wringing these little ones out when they arrived.

My G19 ETS 22 and 15 rd magazines have been great, I expect nothing less from these G42 and G43 mags.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post