SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ETS Group G42/43 magazines now shipping
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS Group G42/43 magazines now shipping Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's time to unleash the tiny freaking fury:

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Gr...Magazines-s/1823.htm

I've got a 12 round G42 magazine inbound to me. Let's see if it was worth the price.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I haven't messed with any of their other offerings but these are intriguing. Has the overall ETS line shown to be good enough for serious use or just cheaper range use?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I cannot speak to my own use but most everything I have read has been positive and the few folks I have talked to locally have reported they have had no issues.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 12 round for the G43 myself. Mine is due to arrive on Saturday. I got the Memorial Day email and was surprised I didn't hear anything about this coming out.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some 15 rdn mags for my G19 and haven't had any issues with them, I only used them for range duty but still they have been reliable.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I've got a 7 round and a few 9 rounders headed my way. If the 7 rounder proves reliable in stock form, I intend to test it with a Pearce +1 extension. If that combo is reliable, it will likely become my main carry mag, giving me an 8+1 G43, with two 9 round reloads (assuming they are reliable too).

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
That 9 round 42 mag intrigues me!

That will fit decently in a mag carrier, unlike, I suspect, the 12 rounder, so it'd be a nice backup to a factory mag w/Mag guts +1 in the chamber. 17 rounds is decent for a pocket sized gun like that.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 9 round G42 magazine would make a great spare carry magazine, if it functions reliably.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Definitely interested in how these work in the G42. I might be interested in a couple of these in different capacities.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
My 140mm ets mag made it through one match and a dry fire session before a follower cracked when the mag hit the ground. They're sending me a new follower, but it has given me doubts about considering it for hard use or a life and death situation.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered six or seven of them, in differing lengths. We shall see how they hold up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Ordered 2 of the 43 7 round magazines and 2 of the Glock 19 mags. They are currently inbound and I'm anxious to give them a go. They had a sale originally with code ETS4243

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I tried a 30rd AR magazine and was not impressed. I hope you guys have good luck with these pistol mags.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I ordered the 12 round for the G43 myself. Mine is due to arrive on Saturday...

Please post a report, I'm sure other members are interested.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I tried a 30rd AR magazine and was not impressed. I hope you guys have good luck with these pistol mags.
Normally I'm not too keen on aftermarket Glock mags, but unlike the 30 round AR mag you bought from them, their 12 round G42/43 mags are the only game in town.

I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I'm on my phone, I tried to post pics but it's not working. Anyway, mag came yesterday and I just loaded it up and cycled it through my 43 a few times. It was a little difficult getting the 12th round in the magazine but other than that it was fine. Inserting the magazine into the gun with the slide open worked fine, I did notice you have to really push hard for it to catch. Inserting the mag with the slide closed and cycling did result in a jam once. I will not get to the range for a bit to see how it truly performs.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I've had zero problems with my ETS 31rd and 25rd 9mm mags. Their in my home defense rig, they were cheaper than the glock mags, work as well as the glock mags, it's easier to tell how much ammo is left, and they work with most glock baseplates.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
My 7 and 9 round magazines for the G43 came in yesterday. The last round on each mag is tough to load, but doable. I loaded/unloaded/reloaded a few times and it seemed to get slightly easier. I've now loaded them up and will let them sit. I hope to get to the range one day this week to function test them.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have four 17 round and two 31 round 9mm Glock magazines from ETS and they run flawlessly. Flawlessly enough that I carry the 17 rounder as a reload for my 19.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A box of ETS magazines arrived. I didn't have a chance to go shoot them, but I played with them a while. The standard capacity 7 round magazines for the G43 got Pearce baseplates, same as the Glock magazines. With the Glock magazines, a Pearce +1 baseplate allows eight in the magazine. With the ETS mag, it still only allowed seven in the magazine.

Without any rounds in the magazine, I was surprised to find that the front edge of the follower could easily be tipped up and right out of the magazine until the follower stood nearly vertically in the magazine. I hope that doesn't ever occur during shooting. I tried to do that with the Glock magazines, and couldn't.

I gently pinched the feed lips to see how flexible they were. They flexed enough to visibly force the follower down into the mag a little. I tried it with the Glock magazines. Nothing.

I hope the ETS hold up better than they look. I hand cycled rounds through them; everything cycled just fine by hand. I'm interested to see how they do when I get a chance to shoot them. I'm not too concerned about the first few hundred rounds, but I want to see how they do for the first few thousand, and how they last after being dropped during magazine changes.

The 12 round magazines would be okay to stick in a pocket, but I don't forsee these magazines being used for anything but the range, so the extra capacity will likely be only a convenience, and not a lifesaver.

The Pearce baseplates on the G43 magazines fit fine, but they do leave what appears to be a slightly larger gap between the top of the baseplate and the bottom edge of the magazine well on the pistol, once seated, as compared to the Glock factory mags.

The G17 mags accepted the Vickers baseplates just fine, and dropped right into the G34. They hand-fed without any problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post