SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which DAO for CC
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which DAO for CC Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
I like Kahr as well... They have a number of models with a wide price range.

+1

have CC'd a K9 for many years -- 7+1 of 9mm isn't bad

-------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for DAK.
In theory it's stupid.
In hands on shooting it's amazing.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Hk LEM

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Sig P239 DAK, and the H&K P2000 LEM and really like the triggers on both. If I had to choose only one as my favorite, it would be the Sig DAK, BUT the H&K is not far behind. My selection of the Sig as number 1 is that I feel it has a shorter trigger travel.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why is the Sig P239 DAK not on their website?

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjksx1:

Discontinued along with any 239 and all DAK’s a believe. Like I stated earlier if you want DAO you have very few options...especially if you want traditional hammer fired DAO.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
LC9, instead of the LC9s or LC9s Pro.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel like a dinosaur. So, seriously, how do I train to get more comfortable with all the short light triggers?

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Think I"d look for a P250 sub compact, nice DAO, holds plenty of rounds.

Found one at my LGS for $200.... such a bargain!

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I also vote for either a 250 compact or subcompact. Even though I was brought up on single action I kind of like the long double action pull of the 250... it is smooth and the break is clean and clear. Not going to be a target gun but it will do what needs done at 15ft or so.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Shield with a safety and some practice.
Great gun, DOA (striker) priced right and a quality gun.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Some folks like the SIG 290RS; I think that the trigger breaks too deep. And some of the early 290s did have issues with reliability. But it's small, CC-friendly, has decent firepower and is a true DAO pistol.

+1

Other than the deep trigger, it's a tad heavy for its size. I have one in the oiled rubbed bronze, and I like it!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sp2022 With a DAO fire control unit

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Though I have and practice with strikers, I would feel more comfort with a greater margin of safety against ADs. There doesn't seem to be much seletion for DAO. I would like a compact or sc with ~12 round capacity. Recomendations please.

I have a P239 - 9 DAK and absolutely love it.

If you don't want that or can't find one, what about a CZ, perhaps?

Planning to send my 75BD in to have it converted to DAO. Would think they could do the same for one of the smaller versions, unless those are too big as well?

DAK is a dream with my bum right paw and just shoot it better.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel like a dinosaur. So, seriously, how do I train to get more comfortable with all the short light triggers?

Dry Fire exercises, and/or range time...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:

While the P239 is discontinued and SIG is, reportedly, no longer actively producing the DAK action, some members have reported sending in a SIG host (IF the frame is DAK compatible) and having SIG convert it to DAK. Alternatively, you might be able to buy a DAK parts kit and a suitable host and either send it to a SIG armorer, send it to SIG, or perhaps even convert it yourself.

There are plenty of LE trade-ins and used guns available if you were interested enough to search.

I don't have any experience with the HK LEM system, but the SIG DAK really is an excellent action for those willing to learn about it and dedicate the time to shoot it well.

I wouldn't dismiss the SIG DAK from your options too quickly, least not without shooting one...BUT, you
should understand that the DAK will operate slightly differently when dry firing compared to when actually firing it, so best not to judge it by dry fire alone.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
+1 for DAK.
In theory it's stupid.
In hands on shooting it's amazing.

I'm curious about this statement. Why is the DAK stupid in theory?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and why did sig discontinue it just as I'm learning about it?

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
and why did sig discontinue it just as I'm learning about it?

Smile

I'm not certain if you are referring to the P239 or DAK being discontinued...but it doesn't really matter because only a SIG employee, management, or engineer could answer either question with any authority.

My best guess, the P239 has been available for many years and seemed to be a popular platform (I liked shooting it) but, like many gun manufacturers, SIG has released new models that probably fill the role of the P239. I'm thinking of the P225 A1, but even other platforms like the P320 or P365 to some degree, or even some of their subcompact guns.

The DAK system was released @ 2004-2005. If you are wondering why the DAK is being phased out, again a guess, but although it is a great DAO action it didn't seem to get much commercial interest, other than in the LE market...but there is a small but vocal cult of DAK proponents. Wink

I know I've got a couple DAK parts kits stashed away.

If you do a forum search you should find some excellent discussions on the DAK system.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
LC9, instead of the LC9s or LC9s Pro.

This is what my wife carries. The only bad part is it's not true DA, the slide resets something, so if the round doesn't go off for some reason you have to rack the slide and get no chance at a second stoke.

She loves hers. I think it's too small.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post