SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SMALL OF BACK HOLSTER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMALL OF BACK HOLSTER Login/Join 
posted
Assistance please: I am looking for a small of back holster for a P229 which has a Romeo 1 fitted. Any suggestions gratefully received. Than you

Posts: 15 | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4280081624

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bigboreshooter's thread makes the point at length, but a conventionally placed holster is better in almost every way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They conceal well, no question. However in a vehicle they are terrible on the back.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Just think what they can do to you if you wind up on your back.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the link above, the consensus is that they are a bad idea for a number of valid reasons. To each his own though.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I 've been here a while , and I can not remember a holster maker that keeps one in stock.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I 've been here a while , and I can not remember a holster maker that keeps one in stock.

I see the Galco SOB's regularly.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

then they must not be very good for concealment.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'm not An advocate of SOB carry. If you ever go to the ground or grapple with an assailant while carrying in this method, you'll Discover how Quasimodo got his hunchback very quickly. Secondly,it's always preferred to carry where the pistol can't be snatched from you easily. SoB = bad juju

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
quote:

As the reference was to the holster makers keeping them in stock, I don't think the makers are interested in concealing their wares when they're up for sale.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:

<snork>

Playing the Devil's Advocate: I like SOB/MOB and find it is great for concealment for my build. I wear it just off-center, like a deep 5:30 position. My recommendation (and personal choice) is the Alessi MOB Talon: http://www.alessigunholsters.c...-for-sig-sauer-guns/

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
DARA holster company makes custom kydex holsters, for an assortment of carry positions, for a wide variety of handguns, for a number of OEM and after market accessories.

I have several for my 320RX and like them. There is a lead time, up to a month, for holsters that are customized (RMR, WML, etc.).

They are made in the US, have a lifetime warranty, and are pretty competitively priced for their standard holsters. Every holster is made to fit the specific pistol you have.

As mentioned above, SOB carry isn't very comfortable, if seated. I hated having a cuff case pushing into my back, even though it was offset to the side of my spine. Finally had to move everything to the 3, 9 o'clock position, or forward.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
In a training class I took last fall, SOB carry came up. The instructor had a guy come up to the front of the class to help demonstrate SOB carry. He pushed the guy's back up against a wall and asked him to grab his (pretend) gun. The guy couldn't get his hand to where his gun would be, thus making it useless.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one or my 642. It conceals it well I used it extensively when working nights at a convenience store in college never had to draw thankfully. I do know a guy, he was a FFL in Walnut Creek CA. He was in a bad car wreck and the gun in his sob holster is pretty much what broke his back. That and wicked divorce put him out of business.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post