SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who do we like for 'budget' priced Commanders?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for 'budget' priced Commanders? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Rugers sure seem hard to beat for the price.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personal preference. I like the Springfield better my self. Bull barrel, nicer finish, rail and factory night sights for about $200 more. Ambi safety as well if you're a southpaw.
YMMV.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just scored a NIB Ruger LW Commander for $702. Big Grin Please pardon my ridiculous grin.

Now....off to shop for ammo, holsters, magazines, new sights, grips, etc. etc......

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Just scored a NIB Ruger LW Commander for $702. Big Grin Please pardon my ridiculous grin.

Now....off to shop for ammo, holsters, magazines, new sights, grips, etc. etc......

Congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
You guys are gonna laugh at me. That's ok. I've had a Springer ultra compact for decades. Always wanted a full sized. Walked into my lgs the other day, and there was a plain Jane ATI for, get this, 275.00.
She's a shooter! Not broken in yet, not exactly a Wilson, but for 275.00 what the heck! Suprisingly decent trigger and good accuracy.
I can't stop giggling.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Range Report:
Shot 150 rounds of 9mm 115gr Speer Lawman ball through my Ruger Commander today. Accuracy better than I can hold and 100% function. And this was with a wide variety of aftermarket magazines from Metalform, Mec-Gar, Wilson and Ruger.
Only gripe: The damn Ruger magazines wont take the last round. Sent them back for new ones. Same problem.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the money, the Sig 1911's are a remarkable buy. I have had several custom made 1911's and the Sig 1911 in 45acp that I recently acquired has impressed me. The fit and finish is excellent, but more importantly this pistol is extremely accurate and shoots as good as any custom 1911 that i have had.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've been thinking about those. Whenever I wear my full sized Ruger 1911 I feel like I'm "listing to starboard" due to the weight.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gundog55:
For the money, the Sig 1911's are a remarkable buy. I have had several custom made 1911's and the Sig 1911 in 45acp that I recently acquired has impressed me. The fit and finish is excellent, but more importantly this pistol is extremely accurate and shoots as good as any custom 1911 that i have had.

I agree with this. I currently have the Sig C3 and Ultra and I'm very pleased with both of them. Reliable and accurate right out of the box in both cases. Both were in a price range well below $1,000.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I took delivery of my Ruger LW Commander Wednesday. I just got back from Novak's where they installed some night sights to replace the factory white dots. Spent an entertaining and educational 1.5 hours jawing with a couple of the guys there. They were nice enough to show me some of the Novak Custom Colts that are going go be available soon. I gotta say, the difference between this Commander and my Commander is night and day.....

The price tag is impressive. LOL Certainly not "budget."

posted Hide Post
I used to lust in my heart for a Novak BHP.
I don't think the do them anymore.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Supposedly they'll have a "Novak Inc." website up soon,so maybe they'll have some more goodies up. They let me fondle three of these 1911s, a .45 Commander, a 9mm Commander, and a .45 full-size. They also had some demo grip panels they are going to have VZ make just for them. Hard to describe....like squat pyramids. Felt good and made the front- and backstrap checkering redundant.

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
How about the Remington R1 commander? The de horned models looks promising.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post