SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mags being too long?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mags being too long? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
I bought a brand new, and I mean it appears to have never had a slide ever put on it, take off P226 DAK .40 frame a few days ago, to make my recently bought police trade in P226 DAO gun into the DAK, which I really like. My slide went right on the new E2 frame, and the mags lock in, but all three of the 9mm mags I have stick out of the grip, the 15 round one is about a 1/4" too long, the 18 round one is about a half inch and the 20 round one is a little bit longer than that. Is there any difference between a .40 frame and a 9MM? What mag do I need to get one that fits flush?

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Pix?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you bought a 229 DAK frame, not a 226 DAK frame

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You are correct sir! I checked it when I got home and that's what it is. I'm going to have a talk with the seller, I guess. Will this function or is it a bad idea to even try it?

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Magazine yes. Slide no.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought. Now I need to find a 9mm slide or trade it for a 226 frame. Sigh...

Thanks.