SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So a 1911, a CZ and a revolver walk into a bar...errr range. How to screw with/test your shooting skill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So a 1911, a CZ and a revolver walk into a bar...errr range. How to screw with/test your shooting skill Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So not really consciously intentionally I grab three guns to go to the range this afternoon. Those three guns were....

-Ed Brown Kobra 1911 .45 (single action semi-auto)
-CZ P01 (DA/SA semi-auto)
-Smith 627PC (DA revolver)

WOW WHAT A MIND SCREW.

Started with the 1911....moved to the CZ....finished with the Smith all double action but with powder puff ammo.

Somewhere about 2 mags into the CZ my brain said. WTF dude.

First speed load of the 627 my brain was like REALLLLY DUDE????

Long story short I actually shot all three pretty well (for me) but boy if you want to test your fundamentals run three radically different platforms in one sitting.

Fun range day.......my inner shooter now thinks I am schizophrenic. Smile.

Probably would have shot myself if had brought a striker. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the main reasons I invested heavily in the P250 was to keep my DA skills up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Imagine the difference if you had reversed the order! I find I shoot my strikers better after DA/SA, but I'd be a bit worried going light SA after my DA/SA. I'll have to give it a try now!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same with the P250, love the revolver like trigger. If you’re shooting different types of guns, stop thinking and just shoot. Like throwing a baseball, your hand knows without being told.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like throwing a baseball, your hand knows without being told.

Ummm we’re still talking about guns, right?? Big Grin. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time transitioning between different platforms in a single range session. I can usually get it dialed back in but it takes a mag or two.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post