SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Beretta PX4 Storm 45 Type C...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Beretta PX4 Storm 45 Type C... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...I recently purchased a PX4 Storm compact Type F. I've had storms in the past (the sc and a Type C in 9mm), not exactly a huge love relationship but after the compact, I've started to like more. The rotating barrel seems to help a little with felt recoil. I had a full sized PX4 Storm 45 Type F but the safety switches are not to my liking. Of course I replaced them on my new 9mm with flush levers and made into a decocker only. Fun to shoot.

So while searching Classic Firearms, I ran across this little special...

https://www.classicfirearms.co...-storm-45acp-jxf5c26

The full sized Storm 45 Type C for $349.00 plus shipping, brand new in box from Italy. I like the price, three mags and bought it. Typical Beretta quality, it is a well built gun. Now the trigger is a constant action trigger, very smooth, clean, crisp and audible break. It isn't a light break, 6.5-7lbs maybe and the reset is all the way out, much like a Kahr (not as smooth as a Kahr). Also, since it isn't a DAO, it doesn't have a second strike capability. Regardless, I don't mind it all and may even carry it after I get some range time on it. I love that it has no safety, nothing on the slide to impeded racking. I just need to get used to the trigger and it can be a good carry or truck gun. After all, $349 plus $30 shipping and my $15 FFL fee. So all less than $400 bucks, brand new, hard to beat. The mags are 9+1 and there might be some larger mags. I'll check soon enough.

With an IWB and OWB holsters...

For size comparison, next to two of my full sized Beretta's, the M9A1 and the APX.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Solid purchase. I just bought a Compact and a Subcompact. Burke did the triggers and I'm waiting for the slides, controls, and barrel from CCR. Had the Bruniton replaced with CCR's CPII Dusk. The triggers were good stock, now they are amazing!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
how is the trigger?

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replace the hammer spring with the 12lb one from Beretta or one from Wilson Combat. It makes a big difference in the DA pull.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
how is the trigger?

The weak point of the gun...I dont mind the pull, break...a bit heavy but the reset is full forward. The standard HK LEM would be an improvement, the light LEM a muvh bigger improvement.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
if yu replace the trigger bar and trigger with the trigger bar and trigger from a type F, it will have a short reset and second strike capability, but the trigger will be a little heavier

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I had a Px4 in 40 with the type C trigger. I thought it would be like SIG's DAK trigger...It was not. Not that it wouldn't due for self defense, I just could not keep a decent group past 15 yards. YMMV Went back to DA/SA and never looked back.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post