SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Shield rebates?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Shield rebates? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
Has anyone recieved a check from S&W on the Shield rebate offer? Anyone?

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They specify "allow 8 to 10 weeks" on the rebate coupon. I don't think that amount of time has elapsed yet.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'm past 9, Since April 3. Saw that advisory about 8-10 when they acknowledged mine as well.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I too bought one in April. Nothing yet.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one in April. Finally submitted the rebate today. Oops.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
S&W must have ears here. Just received the following email:

Thank you for your recent purchase and on behalf of Smith & Wesson firearms, I would like to personally apologize for the delay you have experienced in receiving your rebate on this purchase. Typically we are able to process rebates within a few weeks of receipt, and our recent performance does not meet our standard.

The “Savings You Can Carry” program has been very popular, and the tremendous response we received temporarily overwhelmed our systems. I have personally overseen our correction of the situation, and am committing to you that if you submitted your rebate in the month of April, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 7, 2017. If you submitted your rebate in the month of May, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 31, 2017.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I got that email too!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine last month so I'll be waiting a while.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
...The “Savings You Can Carry” program has been very popular, and the tremendous response we received temporarily overwhelmed our systems...

Their systems or their cash flow?? Big Grin

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I just got the same notice CQB60 did. Ordered a SD9VE May first.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I got the email too. I already figured it would be August before I got it back, so no surprises there.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
They always take a really long time. Nothing yet.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I got that email. I entered my info and it said that my rebate was not found. I called the number and it went to a mailbox that was full and I couldn't leave a message.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what we've come to expect of s&w.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
They always take a really long time. Nothing yet.
Like an insurance company, they are counting on people forgetting / getting pissed / giving up / etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a email I guess it was last week about the rebates. It said if it was submitted in April I should get it on 7/7 which is today. They owe me 2 and I got the first one yesterday the 6th.

I went to where you can check the status of your rebate. It showed something I didn't even remember back from 2011 and nothing about these new 75.00 Shield rebates.
I did mine on line. I think next time just to be safe I'll mail it with a return receipt. I have no proof I sent either of them in. The first Shield I sent in early April and the 2nd was a week later.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I have gmail and the rebate update info went to my Spam folder. I bought the guns in early May and filed the rebate the same day. Email was received on June 21.

For those of us who heard nothing and filed online, check your Spam folder.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danman
posted Hide Post
I got my first $75 dollar rebate. It comes in a very small inconspicuous envelope. I submitted my rebate request the very first week - I received this about a week ago.

NRA Certified Instructor

Posts: 970 | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
My LGS made it an "Instant Rebate" and took it off the price at the time of sale. Big Grin

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post