SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who carries a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR...need help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who carries a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR...need help. Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I'm setting up a Glock 19.5 MOS for carry. I've gotten Trijicon suppressor height sights and am waiting on a Trijicon Type 2 RMR.

Does anyone else carry one? If you do, what's been your experience? How easy is it to conceal? How long did it take to get used to shooting with the RMR?

I need help with holsters. Bravo Concealment seems to be the best bet. But I also need a paddle holster as well.

I'm tempted to forego the RMR, and get regular sights. Getting set up is just a pain in the neck.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th year of carrying one. I no longer like to shoot a handgun without an RMR and have converted just about everything I shoot/carry to have one, its that much better. Its easy to conceal and I notice no difference in any way to the glock that was before without an RMR. There is a bit of tricky needed to avoid the Type 2 going into auto mode, but that's not a big deal. It took me about a minute to be better with an RMR at any distance over 10y and a bit of range time to be faster at very short distances. In point of fact I'm still not faster at very short distances, but that's a tradeoff that's ok for me. I had no issues with holsters as my bladetech that I used before the RMR fit the RMR gun without issue. But at this point any competent holster maker will be able to deal with this, if you tell them. I can't imagine why its a pain. You do need the Trijicon AC32064 kit so get that as well.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm running the 19.5 MOS with a 507c. I've found it fits in my bravo company IWB G19 holster with a bit of TLC from a harbor freight heat gun. If you find a paddle holster that only covers to the chamber it shouldnt be an issue but otherwise theres lots of companies that make RMR compatible holsters.

As for getting used to using it I think the best method is to punch out all the way at the target and the dot should magically appear. As long as your alignment is good of course. One thing about RMRs is it really cleaned up my bad habits. I shoot all my pistols better after running an RDS as it makes you do alot of things you can get sloppy with shooting irons.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
As for getting used to using it I think the best method is to punch out all the way at the target and the dot should magically appear. As long as your alignment is good of course. One thing about RMRs is it really cleaned up my bad habits. I shoot all my pistols better after running an RDS as it makes you do alot of things you can get sloppy with shooting irons.

Could not agree more on each of those points, spot on.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I concealed carried a G17 Gen5 MOS with an RMR all fall and winter. My only problem with concealment came from tge grip length of the 17, not the red dot. I was using a Bravo Concealment Holster. I went with an Orpaz thumb release paddle holster for OWB carry at training events in a profesional environment and such. It was one of the few holsters that had a thumb release (more similar to my safariland duty holsters rather then Blackhawk style finger releade), accommodated a red dot, and accommodated suppressor height sights without any modification. Worked great.

Training with a red dot, my biggest issue was initially finding the dot. I spent a lot of time practicing presentation on my cough by pointing at light switches while my other half watched TV. Your presentation should be roughly the same, but if I wanted to acquire the dot in the center of the window rather than in the lower third on top of my iron sight picture, it took some adjusting.

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an MOS, but have carried a dot laden 19. I found virtually no impact on how it carried, especially with a holster with a nominal cant (10 or 15 degrees).

Don't forget to order the little kit from Trijicon with shorter screws for the MOS guns.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post