SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First p226 and second M11 A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First p226 and second M11 A1 Login/Join 
posted
Bought my first p226 last week and off to Robert Burke. I couldn't pass up the store closing deal at Gander and the M11 A1 came home with me,they had eight in stock. Back to six day work weeks.

Posts: 83 | Location: V.A | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and enjoy them both.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cograts. Robert does great work. And the Sigs will start to multiply.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Cograts. Robert does great work. And the Sigs will start to multiply.

Thanks. Robert worked my M11 A1 For IDPA. Moving up to the p226. Cant wait to get it back!

Posts: 83 | Location: V.A | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a brand new M11-A1 at Gander too. Only good deal I ever got there. New in the box and $608 out the door after taxes.

Congrats OP on your new pistols.

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I feel the M11-A1 is superior to the American 226.

The vintage all German 226 is up there with the M11-A1, but you don't feel bad about putting wear on the new Sig.

However I'm just biased to the vintage Sig because I've shot them so much I expect a certain feel to them and the American Sig feels different. Not in a bad way, but what my muscle memory expects different. It's just alien to me.

I love my M11-A1, it is an absolute dream, but it feels completely different from my 228.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I feel the M11-A1 is superior to the American 226.

The vintage all German 226 is up there with the M11-A1, but you don't feel bad about putting wear on the new Sig.

However I'm just biased to the vintage Sig because I've shot them so much I expect a certain feel to them and the American Sig feels different. Not in a bad way, but what my muscle memory expects different. It's just alien to me.

I love my M11-A1, it is an absolute dream, but it feels completely different from my 228.

I could see being biased but not sure how the American made M11A1 is better than an American made 226. I am a fan of the M11A1, mine has many a rounds through her, carry it at times, a pleasure to shoot. My German made 228 feels the same but not as solid but I think it is lighter, thus the feeling of not being quite as solid as the M11A1/229. I love the 229 Sig's anyway and my 229 Legion is my favorite, with my 229C (357 Sig) and M11A1 come in tied for second.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went back to my West German 226 for an IPSC match today. Shot Limited Minor with MecGar 18 and 20 shot magazines. Most fun I've had in a while. The 226 in 9mm is a piss to shoot, and especially if you can get a West German sample.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Gander closing has been good to some of us! I picked up a 2022 a few weeks ago on the cheap. Was in there a couple of days ago, and SIG wise they are down to .40 caliber guns only. They may not move them.

You picked up two of the best of the SIG DA/SA lot. #dasaposse

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
You picked up two of the best of the SIG DA/SA lot. #dasaposse

This for sure.

Whenever the "if you could only keep one (or two) guns" threads come up my answer is one or both of these.

Since you already like the 229/M11,.you'll like the 226. Little extra weight and size equals softer shooter with better sight radius.

Enjoy!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Went back to my West German 226 for an IPSC match today. Shot Limited Minor with MecGar 18 and 20 shot magazines. Most fun I've had in a while. The 226 in 9mm is a piss to shoot, and especially if you can get a West German sample.

First year shooting IDPA and with the M11. Fortunate to have clubs nearby. My 226 should be back soon, hopefully finish the year with IDPA and some steel.