SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    On a CZ roll: Just picked up a CZ75 Compact w. steel frame
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On a CZ roll: Just picked up a CZ75 Compact w. steel frame Login/Join 
posted
Not long ago I bought a CZ75 Kadet II Conversion Unit for one of my CZ75s for which there is a thread here at SIGForum. Now, I just got a CZ75 Compact with steel frame. From what another member here posted a few weeks back, there were a limited number (about 500 or so?) imported. This is one cool all-steel compact pistol! I love the looks of it compared to the standard steel CZ75 Compact(the frame on this one looks like the alloy-framed Compact). The only thing I really dislike and cannot change is the front slide serrations which are worthless IMO on a narrow slide. Now, there are some things that can be changed and here's how I'd like to customize this Compact. Can you recommend a good gunsmith could make the following modifications?
1) round off the trigger guard
2) remove the beavertail
3) remove/round off the light rail at the lower
front frame.
I'm guessing those aren't too difficult for someone who knows what they're doing. Thank for looking in!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't get it. If you didn't want the rail, then why not just get the original Compact. It's all steel, and no rail.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Best be careful with Cz's. Like rabbits, they can multiply Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So is this an all steel P-01?? Decocker?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Cajun Gun Works can probably do the work for you and they've got a great subcontractor who will refinish your pistol in Cerakote beautifully. While it's with Cajun Custom, I'd highly recommend getting their "Defensive Carry Package" for the best trigger possible.

https://cajungunworks.com/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So is this an all steel P-01?? Decocker?

Looks like a P-01, but the differences are it has steel frame and manual safety.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody had posted on CZ's facebook page about a P-01 they had purchased. There were no P-01 markings, only having CZ 75 compact on the slide. CZ replied that they were built for the European market, as they don't use the P-01 name there. They are identical otherwise. They diverted them to the U.S. market to fill the demand.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
Somebody had posted about these guns on CZ's facebook page. CZ replied that they don't use the P-01 name in Europe. These guns were built for the European market but in order to fulfill demand, they divert them to the U.S market.

But even so, the gun in question is still not the P-01 as it is sold in the US. The P-01 has alloy frame and decocker.

Q

posted Hide Post
I saw that. Was just adding the info in case somebody comes across one.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I don't get it. If you didn't want the rail, then why not just get the original Compact. It's all steel, and no rail.
And doesn't have much of a beavertail. I have read that the beavertail on these steel compact rail models is similar to the one on the TS.

I have one of the steel compact with rail models inbound to my dealer as well (along with a shadow). I am looking forward to shooting it, and may get a 2nd if I like it.

CZs do multiply quickly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HKAngusKL,

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ 12131: I like/prefer the profile of this particular one compared to the standard Compact. It has more of a fuller, beefier look about it in the front end of the frame area. If CZ had not imported it, I might still have still got the standard. But after hearing about the limited run, I decided to get one of these and get rid of that retarded bottle opener on the underside of the frame. I have no interest or desire to get a rail (at least now anyway). And if the time comes, that's something my Glock 17 can do.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
kaschi, thanks for the clarification. Yes, you are right, get rid of the rail and still have the full length dust cover, compared to the original Compact.

Q

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Pics?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
Somebody had posted on CZ's facebook page about a P-01 they had purchased. There were no P-01 markings, only having CZ 75 compact on the slide. CZ replied that they were built for the European market, as they don't use the P-01 name there. They are identical otherwise. They diverted them to the U.S. market to fill the demand.

I have one of those CZ 75D compacts, which is a P-01 just like CZ USA mentioned just a different name on the slide. I gave up looking for a P-01 and grabbed this instead.

Good little gun.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of acftmech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Best be careful with Cz's. Like rabbits, they can multiply Wink

this is so true, I've discovered this the hard way. They feel so good in the hand and shoot so smoothly.

Don't think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I've forgotten how to be violent.

Posts: 288 | Location: In the real world. | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody got a model number for these steel frame P-01s? I was holding out for the suppressor ready model, but this has peaked my interest. Good companion for my SP-01 as well.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Anybody got a model number for these steel frame P-01s? I was holding out for the suppressor ready model, but this has peaked my interest. Good companion for my SP-01 as well.

SP-01 Compact.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9741 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate "pullcords" lead and will contact Cajun and run the idea by them. A couple of other things regarding my new CZ: The safety lever is flatter than on the standard full size CZ75. That will take a little getting used to because my thumb (being used to 30 yrs of the full size version's safety) wants to "slip by" for lack of a better way of expressing it. Also the mags that come with the pistol, I believe, may be Czech manufacture and not Mec-Gar, which was my initial thinking. I say this because I ordered three Mec-Gar mags and there were a couple of subtle differences. One was the font used indicating the number of rounds in the mag (5, 10, 14). The mag follower was very slightly different too. Also, the Mec-Gar mags seemed to fit a wee tad tighter. By the way, Mec-Gar mags have the flat steel baseplates.

posted Hide Post
I just picked my "sp 01" compact up tonight from my ffl. Initial impressions are that it is quite heavy for a p01 sized gun. Held side to side with my p01 and pcr, the weight difference is noticable. I need to put some rounds through it though before I really form an opinion.

It does feel just as good in the hand as my p01, and I like the extended beavertail for a higher grip. I will try to take some comparison pics tomorrow. Also hoping to fit in range time this weekend.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post