SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith & Wesson 5943 information *Bought it*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson 5943 information *Bought it* Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
FN in MT, what barrel length on the Model 28? Did the 5903's have any Department marking?

NONE of the sidearms from late 70's to present had Agency markings.

All the 28's were four inchers.

MT Helo has an early MHP revolver WITH "Montana Highway Patrol" in script on the backstrap. Forgive me but I don't recall much about it. May even be a Colt.

The Officers Association did the M-66 comm's in 1979. Yet we never carried 66's.

Thanks. That is what I thought. I know the Game Wardens had marked Model 66's.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have the 5906, 6946, and 5946. The 6946 is used for CCW, GT Dist had a deal, $219. The 5946 is sometimes used for USPSA. The trigger pull feels like 1/2 single action, 1/2 double action. Part of the reason that I bought it is because the RCMP used it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have a 5904 that has one of the shortest resets I have encountered. Third gen Smiths are very robust, and there are lots of parts out there, just not from S&W.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Got to shoot my 5943 today and it sure was a learning experience. The trigger is like and unlike the DA/SA 3rd Gen guns. Same feel but a bit longer reset. Took me two mags to get use to it. Over all I am very happy with this.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post