SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Para was right, I was wrong... I bought a Glock.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Para was right, I was wrong... I bought a Glock. Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
“Glocks don’t fit me well.” Yep, I’ve sold every one I’ve owned shortly after I purchased them. When Para started in infamous “you will buy a Glock” thread, I very comfortably and smugly thought, “not me, been there done that.”

Then Glock came out with the 43x & 48 and I was intrigued. I like thin, my carry gun most of the last 5 years has been a PPS. It’s a great gun and I shoot it well, my only real complaint is the short grip, like most sub- compacts have. They make reloads with my XL hands difficult.

I was able to fondle the new Glock offerings when they first came out, and I knew I needed to eat some crow and try one. Since I live behind the tofu curtain, my oppressors have decided that only “some” guns are safe for me to purchase, and the new Glocks were not on that list. But, since private party transfers are legal, I over payed and legally purchased a G48. Today, After my state mandated 10 wait period ended, I picked up my new CCW prospect.

I ran home and loaded up some ammo and walked down to my range. Light was on its way down, so I only got 100 rounds down range, but WOW, I am REALLY impressed with this little gem. Like my PPS, it shoots like a full size gun and is quite accurate.

I have sights and gear in the mail, and I may install an Apex trigger and associated parts, as I prefer that type of trigger shoe. This weekend I will run it though a proper evaluation, but for now, I am quite impressed.

Para was right. Damn-it!

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Next you'll want another one. Then a caliber conversion... A carbine kit...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Say ten "hail Gastons", all is forgiven, go forth and sin no more.

Wink

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. That was me too. Took about ten years, but now there is no pistol I can shoot better than my G34, dropping plates, Bill drills, etc. I resisted too, but step by step, plate by plate, I filled up on chips and Glockamole, loving every morsel.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I've never cared for them. Plastic. Striker-fired. Pass.

Needed something smaller than a 1911 in 45 ACP to carry. Ended up with a G30. Then another G30. Then a G30S. Then a G26. And another G26. Then a G19.

I don't care for Glocks. But they are just so utilitarian. Indestructible. Accurate. Have a great aftermarket. $20 magazines. Need I go on?

I sell them. They come back. The G19 was the easiest. I looked at it and thought, "I have P226's - why do I need this POS?" Razz

I finally got rid of them all except for the G26. I joke that it's what I carry when all the signs say "No guns here".

I will eventually buy them again. I fight to keep only Sigs and 1911's...I've kept the Beretta's and CZ's away...but those infernal Glocks...I don't care for them.

When the G43 came out I went to Glockmeister to handle one. I quickly handed it back to the staffer and ran screaming from the store.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Enjoy.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold a 26. Have a 17 & 19. They are a one trick pony. Don't feel a need for anymore.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Heehee.
I was all set to replace them with M&Ps until that darned G45 came out. Now I'm looking at the Gen 5 G34.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was the same with me. "Glocks don't fit me well". Every once in a while I would pick up a Glock and all I felt was a 2x4. When the Gen4 came out, things changed a little. The thickness of the grip seems to fit me better but the finger groves pushed my hand up to uncomfort. In comes the Gen5. Same Gen4 thickness with no finger grooves. I picked up a G19.5 and it just clicked. It pointed well and felt very comfortable. This led to selling nearly all my Sigs. Yes Para is correct. Two yeas later, the stable includes a P80-34, G19.5, G26.5, G43 and as of yesterday a blue label G48 with Ameriglo bold sights. I could not hit the broad side of the barn with my G43. The wife on the other-hand rocks it. So, she gets my G43 and I replaced it a G48. I am not a big guy so the slim nature of the G43/48 concealers on me pretty well as and I carry OWB 3/3:30.

All my Glocks run Apex trigger shoes, OEM trigger bars, OEM minus connectors, Ameriglo sights (orange fronts) and carry guns have Talons. Everything feels the same, has the same trigger and near close trigger pulls. I appreciate the instant familiarity of the platform and allowed quick adoption of each model. I really like the G48 because of the thinness and compact size. When I got my G43 it was great because of the size, but the grip was just too thin. The added thickness of the 43x/48 frame is just right and very comfortable.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I love my G48.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your purchase. When you find the right pistol, it just makes sense to run with it regardless.

It is hard to not own a Glock when I see so many former MIL guys whom I respect greatly as shooters, using nearly only Glock. Kyle Defoor, Pat McNamara, Shawn Ryan, Tu Lam, Mike Glover...the list goes on. I'll probably end up buying one when I take the deep dive into pistol mounted optics.

I will say this, though...Kyle Defoor has recently acquired a P320 and is starting to train with it, so we shall see where that goes.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I find Glocks too big for me. Even the G42, which is Glock's smallest gun, is (to me) gigantic compared to the LCP, LCP II, Kel-Tec P32, etc. Heck, the largest gun I carry is my P365, which is comparable, but the SIG is 9mm versus the Glock's .380.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Haha, yep. I'm definitely in that club also.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're like the flu, somebody sneezes "GLOCKCHU!" and suddenly ya want one!
At one time I had like 5, a 17, 26, 22, and 27. I'm down to just the 27 and it's a gen 2.5 so it's all good.
I still think of getting another then that little 27 peeks out and winks at me saying "I am the ONE!" Ya know it's right!

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post