SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p229 trijicon rmr cut ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p229 trijicon rmr cut ? Login/Join 
posted
hey guys its a beautiful day in san diego 85-90* happy T-day
hey i got a guy up north orange co. that does glock work cuts for trijicon rmr etc... and he said he's willing to cut my p229 for a trijicon rm07 i have ,i got a newer long extractor slide with no lci that i'm going to have milled just don't want to wait unless i have to for two months for it to get done ,anyways he said he would do the work but has never done a sig before , now i hate being the first guy because this slide was hard to get LOL but ... if we knew how deep say l&m cuts there slide and a few pic's he said he could do it no problem maybe for pic's no cost that way he could get some new people to his shop he does real nice slide milling on glocks .... anybody know anything to help me out i could have this done on the weekend ,

so anybody know how deep the cut is on the p229 long extractor slide is ...any pic's i got some off the computer but real cut measurements would help.

Clint

"The most important rule in a knifefight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary".

Posts: 11 | Location: san diego | Registered: October 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The correct answer is have Mark at L&M cut your slide. Do it right the first time.

The only other pace I trust 100% is Atei.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Mark is on a hiatus right now, though...

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send it to PMM.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ya l&m is what i want two months is a long time LOL
but right is right
with pmm i've seen pic's where the cut look not to deep on some pic's has me worried that would be mine LOL i need to look,read some more
i have my lci slide so no mater what i get to shoot
"the stress " things i have to worry about LOL
i know this guy in orange co. does good glock work. just hate being the first sig..think if i drank i get drunk over it then make my mined up but don't do that so ..just trying to fine all the info.. first then make up my mined i did see where the cut was .125 but that was a 320 .im going to sell my romeo1 x change kit so don't want to take the red dot off to check it rather leave it on and not mess with it to sell .its a thinner slide so don't think that will help

Clint

"The most important rule in a knifefight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary".

Posts: 11 | Location: san diego | Registered: October 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its the kind of thing its worth doing right. I'd wait and send it to L&M when the backlog clears. 2mo is worth the wait unless the shop will give you a new slide if it goes wrong. Mark did my X5 and his work is among the best. If you cant wait I'd see about sending it to another good shop.

If on the other hand you want to send it to your local guy then it may not be a bad idea to find a junk or busted slide or maybe an 80% slide if there is such a thing and request he show you the cut. It will give him practice and you piece of mind before doing your actual slide.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had numerous SIG slides done by PMM. All have been perfect with reasonable turnaround and great communication. ironarmknives I am not sure what exactly concerns you in pictures?, but I'd be happy to discuss that. I've about 10K rounds through a legion he milled and another 5K through a combat with zero issues. In addition he's done numerous other slides for me (VP9, 1911, Glock). I have complete confidence and extensive personal experience the work will be totally satisfactory.
I also have slides done by L&M and they have also been excellent. There are a few guns where Mark will work on a specific gun (like a HK USP) where PMM is not yet setup to do so, but that's not relevant here. Send to PMM if the lead time meets your needs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I've had numerous SIG slides done by PMM. All have been perfect...
... I also have slides done by L&M...

Have any of those slides been P229 half-height serration classic? If so, can you post any pictures of it? And which of the two vendors did the milling? Thank you.
I have a spare 40/357 P229 classic slide I would love to have milled.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry 72Bruins I don't own that type slide and have not had one milled. That said all the PSeries SS slide pistols are essentially the same with respect to RMR milling. So not sure what info would help you?
j