SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where/how do you store your magazines?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where/how do you store your magazines? Login/Join 
posted
I stick with 9mm and .380 so I don't have too many different calibers of ammo to deal with, but magazines are another story. Besides the P328, I have a P6, P228, and a SP2022 for starters. Also an HP and 1911. Keeping track of all the mags is a pain. What do you do?

Posts: 144 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Gallon ziploc bags, black marker.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Extra pistol mags are stored in drawers in my gear cabinet. Extra rifle mags are stored in labeled .30 ammo cans, .50 ammo cans, and "Tall .50" ammo cans. All are divided by type.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Depends how many. I cut holes in a thin sheet of floor underpayment (on legs a couple inches high) and I insert the mags head first through the hole so the baseplate stands up. The mags are alligned per pistol. The double stack mag holes are wider than the single stack mags.

It's sized to fit in an old dresser drawer that I use to store my shooting gear.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...310069014#1310069014

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Get'em at Wally World. They stack nicely and are priced right.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ste...-Case-of-6/163840160

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links and ideas. I like the plastic drawer thing. I'll have to check that out. Thanks again.

Posts: 144 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Double stack 9mm Glock guy, I shove all my mags on a shelf with absolutely no organization whatsoever. I have a few 33rd and 17 round mags that sit loaded in the safe but otherwise, they're tossed in much like I toss my socks in the sock drawer.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
All of my pistol mags are in iShot magazine pouches (they hold 6 mags.) I believe they have been discontinued, however, you may be able to find them online possibly still.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Clear steralite boxes of various sizes for storage.

Mags for training are in another separate box for easy access, with some preloaded for the range and in a range bag.

Duty mags are separate still - loaded and in carriers typically.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I had it sorted out and marked I flipped it around to store it out of sight inside the door:

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am a bit of a mag whore so to speak so I need to keep them organized. I have used the hanging shoe rack on the back of the door and although it works well up to a certain point it starts getting heavy and doesn't leave a lot of expansion room.

I have pretty much gone to clear plastic boxes, all labeled and it has worked very well for me over the years.

For example...

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Carry magz in a small open top tupperware in safe. Range magz in something like this (not the brand I have but similar):

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...glock-17-nylon-black

The rest are stored in containers with a humidifier close.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
mostly in a big box all together, but I don't have anything where 2 mags look alike.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
mostly in a big box all together, but I don't have anything where 2 mags look alike.

You are lucky in that regard. Browning HP and CZ-75 magazines bear a very strong resemblance to each other.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Just in an end table drawer. Razz If I had multiple guns with similar-appearing magazines then of course I would do something different.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Magazine rack; ones for my guns are just on the shelf with my ammo.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep my magazines in Ziploc gallon size freezer bags. If I want to separate the magazines between carrion range I use the court and pint-size Ziploc freezer bags. I have 10 handguns, 7 semiautomatic pistols and for each handgun I have 10-12 magazines except my CZ 83, 32 ACP, for which I only have 6. I have track shelving in my closet and the bag stay nicely on the shelves.

I have a total of 86 magazines and 20 AR 15 magazines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Walmart is your friend. I went down to mine and found one similar to this on the advice of a forum member. I have everything from 30rnd 5.56 to little .32's in mine.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pla...e-Box-Green/25529264

These Plano boxes come in different sizes and can be configured to fit different sizes mags, etc.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post