SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 X5 Tactical
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 X5 Tactical Login/Join 
Picture of Vipers28
posted
Hello
Looking for parts kit/spring kit and wondering if the X5’s take “special” springs etc? Is it worth having a spare kit for them like other 226’s? Any ideas on where to get a threaded barrel as Sig doesn’t sell or have any more parts.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The X5 Tactical is going to take a different recoil rod and spring than a normal P226.It's a double spring setup that you might be able to get from on of the X5 importers, same with a threaded barrel, though I've seen them pop up for sale on forums and ebay from time to time. DPM makes a Recoil Spring System for the 9mm/40 x5/x6 guns if you want to go aftermarket for a replacement.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought parts from Firearms Depot in Flagstaff AZ. He has German X5 parts kits, extractors, etc. Call him, its cheaper than gunbroker. I would keep at least a couple of extractors around. The barrel is another story. The EU/Germany considers the barrel as a firearm. I have 3 Bartso, made in Sturgis SD, conversion(40 to 9mm) barrels that are top quality and more accurate than factory. You will have to get it fitted. When it comes to German X5 pistols Sig NH in worse than useless.

Posts: 25 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. Is it worth getting that spring parts kit from Firearms Depo? Or it won’t break and not worry about it?

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had to replace anything on my Level 1 except the recoil spring and that was just preventative maintenance because I had put over 10K rounds through it. I got the kit just in case. I would recommend getting one. Unless something changes, getting parts from Germany is just going to get more difficult for Americans. There is a pic on the big auction site, 844722927, if you have not already seen it.

Posts: 25 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'll second the idea that Bar-Sto is the way to go for X5 barrels. Have a 9mm and .357 conversion set up for one oof my X5's originally a .40 S&W. As previously mentioned, they do need to be properly fitted.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I'll second the idea that Bar-Sto is the way to go for X5 barrels. Have a 9mm and .357 conversion set up for one oof my X5's originally a .40 S&W. As previously mentioned, they do need to be properly fitted.

I 2nd Bar-Sto aftermarket barrels on the X-Five. I have their conversion barrels in a .40 as well (why I sold my 9mm X-Fives...also become CZ fanboy in 2010). I recall the front of the barrel hood needing fitting, but individual results will vary. They also do fitting if you send them the slide.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post