SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tip of the Cap to Robert Burke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tip of the Cap to Robert Burke Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
I received my Semi-Fit 9mm conversion barrel for my .357 Sig P229 from Bar-Sto yesterday (Friday). While the barrel initially dropped into the slide fairly well, the slide was extremely hard to rack and would not go completely into battery.

Semi-fit was indeed the correct name for this barrel. It needed some work, and since this P229 is my duty weapon, I couldn't pack it up and send it to Bar-Sto for fitting.

Fortunately, Robert Burke, The Sig Armorer, lives about 45 minutes away and he was gracious enough to make time for me this morning. I've gotten to know him a little bit since he started his business and he's worked on several of my Sigs over the years.

Robert found that the barrel hood and lower lug needed to be trimmed a bit, and he also discovered that the chamber needed to be reamed out a bit more because the cartridge rim wasn't flush with the barrel hood. He fixed everything while I was there.

There are two great things about Robert. First, he's professional, thorough, very good at diagnosing the problem and fixing it, does outstanding work, and is fair with his pricing.

Second, he explains what he's doing as he goes. He showed me exactly how he performed each task and how exacting you need to be when shaving off tenths of millimeters of metal. Each time I see him, I learn one or two things that help me either watch for little things or signs of wear that might cause future problems, or improve my preventive maintenance habits to help keep my pistols in good condition.

I appreciated him taking time out of his Saturday morning and doing a top notch repair job on short notice.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never hear anything negative about Robert. Always top notch. He'll definitely get my business, when I'm ready for action/trigger work on my next SIG.

Q

Posts: 26316 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Mr. Burke did his magic on a pair of Bar-Sto's for one of my X-5 All Rounds. As well as an action job. Very good work, fairly priced with quick turn around.

I have sung his praises here many times.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Had the opportunity to shoot with him one Saturday afternoon a few years back. Super nice guy and his work is highly regarded.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
When I get off my duff, I am sending him a 228 to rehab. Only heard positive things.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Robert is my go-to guy for SIGs. He does great work, is very responsive to phone calls and emails, and returns your gun in a very short time (usually about two weeks, recently). Robert is the Top Gun Supply equivalent in gunsmiths, service-wise. Smile

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
We're fortunate to have Robert for our SIGs. The action job that he did for my 9mm X5 Comp was excellent. Robert mailed my gun back to me 18 days after he received it, and communications were prompt throughout the process. Also, he didn't charge my credit card until he mailed the gun to me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I sent my P938 SAS to Robert for an action job and it is amazing. Installed a stainless trigger at the same time. He does great work.

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two over there right now. Robert does great work.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Burke has done a couple of things on my Sigs, including my W. German P228. He is really good to deal with, and my turn around time was better than expected.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
Mr. Burke did some stellar work on a E26R-9-BSS-GER that I own.

Highly, highly recommended.

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
My P2000 was his first P2000. It's my favorite. Had the gun back in a couple weeks, and it's been flawless. Very smooth trigger and much better reset. Great guy.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Robert is a great guy. I've had him do several things for me and it's always been top notch.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to join those who salute R. Burke for
being top notch with pistolas!
A year or so ago I was very fortunate in finding a new P220 Elite 10mm in a (then) LGS. It had a perfectly acceptable trigger out of the box new, but I was looking to improve it. Being reluctant to go the Gray guns route due to the long down time, I sent the new gun to Mr. Burke, and that was a very good decision, as he did his magic with the trigger. The gun came back in less than two weeks with what I'll have to call a fabulous trigger, both DA and SA, so I'll say again, "Thank you Mr. Burke". Not only a salute but a cap off to you.

Pilotka
NRA Lifer, with a few classic DA/SA SIGs.

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second what you are saying . He is quick and good to talk to you or email you with progress .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert does great work

Posts: 26 | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Excellent work as always. Most of my firearms have been to his shop for work. Sights, trigger work, or massaging Russian rifles and shotguns.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert is legit. He's worked on a number of my pistols and is great to talk to. I feel pretty fortunate that he's only 25 minutes away and I can just drop stuff off to be worked on. He helped me out a bit earlier on (before I was as well-versed in Sigs) as well; showed me how to lubricate properly, etc. Solid member of the community.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Enjoy your P229/barrel awesome work.
I highly recommend Robert because his good track record. My sig is now better than ever.

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post