SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30 LEM--should I?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 LEM--should I? Login/Join 
Picture of usp_fan
posted
I've got a line on a nice P30v1 which is the light LEM trigger variant. It is used, has factory night sights and the extra mag that shipped with that package. I'm trying to decide if I should add it to the collection. I currently have a VP9 and P30sk v1. So in many ways this would be a pistol that overlaps what these two cover. However, I like the hammer as an added layer of safety when holstering AIWB and the LEM trigger is fairly easy to shoot well for me. Most of the time I carry the sk, but sometimes a full size pistol is more comforting.

I've seen lowered pricing on new P30's so I need to figure out a reasonable price on this package and see if there's the ability to negotiate to see if it's even attractive. Thoughts?

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If you like the LEM go for it. I never could warm up to it. That said I have a P30 and P30sk both in v3 just so I can swap between the two based on carry preference.

The full size is by far my favorite pistol to shoot. So much so that I bought a P30 in .40 and an RCM barrel in .357 Sig just so I’d have all my caliber bases covered.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother owns the compact version and I've been able to shoot about 50 rounds through it. I like the LEM trigger over the standard P30 trigger. It is a long stroke, but it's light and to my fingers smooth.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m partial to H&K, so I’d have to lean yes, especially if the price is good.

My favorite is the P2000SK, LEM trigger, I have others, lite LEM too.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P30, P30L and P30SK in light LEM and love them. Once you are used to the trigger your results will be great. A steady quick pull is all thats needed

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prices on HK P series pistols have come down quite significantly. CDNN had some P30LS 9mm pistols for only $549.00 and I was tempted. If it is something you want,get it but if it doesn't fill a niche, I tend to pass on things now. I will say that the P series has the best grip options available on any pistol out there, in my opinion.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have the P30SK LEM and P30L with safety. I like LEM enough especially for CCW but still prefer DA/SA for everything else. The DA on the P30 can be improved quite a bit with a couple simple spring changes.

Keep in mind the P30/P30L is about the same in height as the Glock 17. For me the P30SK with the 13 round magazine is perfect for CCW being the same height as the Glock 19 and I lose only 2 rounds compared to the P30L.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a P30LEM ....it was well made, nice DAO trigger, and quite accurate....

I struggled with the difference in triggers ( DAO vs striker fired) with my other guns. Sold it and got a VP9.

Larry V. is right about a steady, smooth , quick pull...... I kept trying to stage the trigger and that didn't work well for me. When pulling the trigger, think "high quality, double action revolver".

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Interesting to read the comments. I'm shooting a USP 9mm with the match LEM trigger right now for competition and I find that staging the trigger is much better for me. It's basically weightless until you reach the wall at the rear of the trigger, which is much different than my HK45V10 heavy LEM which can be shot more like a true DA long smooth pull.

The RO was asking how come I was dropping easy shots and hitting the bonus plate every time - I wasn't staging the trigger out of the gate and my mind was breaking the shot before the gun was. Don't know if I was flinching or moving off before the shot broke or what, but if I slowed down, prepped the trigger and just worked the reset I was consistently getting hits, including the final bonus plate, which was 8" at 25 yards.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Make sure you’re happy with the trigger before you buy. Many guys complain about the long pull.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
As someone who has shot a lot of LEM. I believe you should either shoot all LEM or no LEM. It’s hard to go back and forth and it will just frustrate you if you go shoot striker with the VP9 and then try and do the same with LEM with out dedicating your self to it as your main platform. It is not less accurate, it just takes more practice to master.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Very well stated and absolutely correct in my opinion.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have noticed a difference btwn shooting the P30sk LEM and the VP. Part of me wonders if I pick up this P30, will find myself selling the VP.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:
Yes, I have noticed a difference btwn shooting the P30sk LEM and the VP. Part of me wonders if I pick up this P30, will find myself selling the VP.

I experienced the same thing. It took awhile for LEM to click for me but once it did having the VP9 was frustrating. It shot great but was tough to go back and forth as previously stated. I wound up selling it but I wish I'd kept it so others could shoot it. Should you pick up the P30, if you like the trigger and it's a good deal why not.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
What do you good people like for sights on thee pistols? I tend to favor a blacked out rear such as the 10-8 u-notch with a "Dot" front. The SK has the factory luminova. I find my old eyes are having troble focusing on it. I"m wondering if fiber optic might be a good choice.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD XR

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
If you like the light LEM, by all means. I love the LEM trigger. Except for my P30 V3, all my HKs have the light LEM. Will probably replace my P30 V3 with a V1. But thats me, a weirdo LEM fan.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P30LS V1s. It’s the pistol so nice I bought it twice.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I'm going to talk to them over lunch and see what price we can agree on. If I can get it into the $400-$450 range I might bring her home.

Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
Good luck on that.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post