Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P938 Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Any of you folks carry the 938? Had any issues with it?

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have two P938s, and one was my EDC for several years. I had to send it back to SIG for work after multiple problems. I've now replaced it with a P365, and will likely sell one and keep the other as a safe queen.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a 938 for 5 years and about 5k rounds or so. I had only two issues. First the firing pin block cracked. Sig sent a new one and I was all set. About a year after that I had an issue with the trigger not resetting. I sent it to Sig and they said the frame had cracked and replaced the entire firearm.

I picked up a 365 at the same time my 938 was returned. The 938 works fine, but the trigger pull it at approximately 6 pounds after about 100 rounds. Unfortunately I don’t take it out much anymore since I have absolutely become enamored with the 365.

The real question is not if something will go wrong, but how well a company stands behind their product. Sig did well by me.

El Barto

Posts: 15 | Registered: November 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a very well shooting and very small pistol. It will surprise you at how easy it is to shoot for how small it is.
I only sold mine because I couldn’t get used to single action with a safety. Other than that it’s a great gun. I pocket carried mine and never had the safety turn off on me either

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P938, which I got 3 years ago. Great little gun. I did find the grips too short for me, even with the 7-round mags. Turns out, 8-round Kimber Micro9 mags are a perfect fit and work flawlessly in the P938. Now it's the perfect concealed carry gun for me.

Posts: 39 | Location: Center of U.S.A. | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I have one, carried daily for years. Never any issues, lots of range trips. I have locked it in the safe since I got the P365. Mine is the P938 NIGHTMARE model to match my Sig 1911 NIGHTMARE Carry.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I carried a P938 for about 6 years. The only problem I ever had was field stripping. Was hard to get the slide in proper position for takedown lever to come out and still had to pry the lever occasionally. Other than that it was a great gun. Sold it to help fund my P365.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I had the chance to use one & the Kimber Micro 9. I actually liked the micro 9 better & bought one. It’s been totally reliable with all the ammo I’ve used in it. Check them out side by side if you have the opportunity presents itself.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has had one for about 6 years. It has about 600-800 rounds without any issues at all. To me, it just reeks of Quality. Hers has the rosewood grips and is a really pretty pistol. A thing of beauty and a joy to behold. Some pistols have a soul...and some are just Tupperware Tools.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I have a 938 with the OD green frame from 2/2016. I've carried it quite a bit in a sticky IWB holster. I'm guessing I have ~300 rounds thru it with no issues. I like the M1911 controls. I tend to carry it more in the summer, and a Shield 2.0 in .45acp in the winter. I really like the small size of the 938.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had my 938 from when they were first introduced. Never had a bobble. The only tough part is compressing the spring on reassembly
I have read all of the few people we are the guide rod has come apart it is made of two pieces one piece screws in to the other the part that goes closest to the frame is the part that unscrews always check that I’ve never had a problem with mine

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IBM360:
Turns out, 8-round Kimber Micro9 mags are a perfect fit and work flawlessly in the P938. Now it's the perfect concealed carry gun for me.

Is this true? Right out of the box? GunMagWarehouse has them for $24.99!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Liked shooting my 938 but couldn’t get it to stop FTE after two trips to the factory. Gave it away with full disclosure. You asked.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
Love my P938, bought new in 2015. It is my usual carry pistol. I have no trouble with function, and it has been flawless with any ammunition, including steel cased Russian ammo as range fodder. Typical carry load is Federal 124 grain HST's.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by IBM360:
Turns out, 8-round Kimber Micro9 mags are a perfect fit and work flawlessly in the P938. Now it's the perfect concealed carry gun for me.

Is this true? Right out of the box? GunMagWarehouse has them for $24.99!

Perfect fit and function w/o modification. They are narrower — the pinky extension is not wide. That took all of 10 minutes to get used to. IMHO, that’s many times better than nothing for the pinky finger to hold.

Hmm... this is for a “regular” P938. I don’t know about the P938 Legion.

Posts: 39 | Location: Center of U.S.A. | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I have a P938 Scorpion that has been a part of my EDC for 3 years. Love it and no issues at all.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like everything about the 938, except the weight for carry. I have lighter, smaller guns, but not smaller guns that are more fun to shoot.

I also have a .22LR 4" target upper for it, that I had threaded for suppressor. VERY accurate & easy to shoot 22. smaller than some of the 22LR/1911 clones & not too big for the 10rd mag. Handles better than the M&P22c that I also have for the suppressor.
Only downside is that it gets dirty quick with 22LR & trigger gets gritty. The only problem I've had was my fault, I jammed the mag release screw trying to remove it for cleaning. Had to cut the mag release out (yeah, it was that big of a fuckup).

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistol, has some 7 round mag problems. Shoots 6 flawlessly

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 13, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Got a P938. Had it for about two months and then traded it... for a P938 HD. Yup it was that much better.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was great until a piece of the anodizing near the trigger flakes off and sig told me it was on me.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post