SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 grip question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 grip question Login/Join 
posted
I'm very new to the Sig world, having just purchased my first..p320. I'm now in love with a picture of a 226 with rosewood grips. When looking around, I see some with the 2 screw scales but most with fully molded. Is it a particular model or what. I'm looking in .40 cal. I'm sure its a simple answer but I can't find it. Please help.

Posts: 18 | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
You are eyeing my favorite model (P226). To answer your question it’s personal preference on the grips. The “one piece” you are referring to is the E2 grip...

I purchased a used P220 with these installed and immediately removed and installed grips that suited me better. But again, its personal preference. And the E2 is much less expensive than say a G10 (the style I like) with traditional mounting screws.

Here are a couple of my P226 with G10 grips

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Some of the P226 grips are of the E2 variety.

The E2 grips are set with tabs that slip into the frame and don't use screws. If the P226 is made with the E2 grips from the factory, the frame still has the threaded holes for grip screws underneath.

I hope this helps.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That answers everything sir. I'm a little late in life to become a novice but I'm having fun drooling over a gun I can't find, lol. Thank you.

Posts: 18 | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If you are happy with the grips on the P320, assuming it is a standard full size one, then you will probably like the wood grips on the P226. I'm not really familiar with wood grips on the P226 but the factory screw on grips for them are too fat for me... I prefer the E2 (no screws) ones or the G10 composites... I don't have large hands and that is probably why. Also, if the grip is too fat for your hands then you tend to use too much of the tip of your finger on the trigger and that will cause your aim to be off.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run these grips on my P series Sigs. They are very easy to hang on to even when wet. Mine are the Sig logo models, but they're the same look:

Grips

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post