SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I need some help with 320 X grip modules and holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need some help with 320 X grip modules and holster? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I’m trying to get my 320 dialed in and I need some help figuring out grips and such.

I’d like to install an X Grip frame but it looks like I need a new slide catch lever? I also see the new grips may come with the lever, can anyone confirm? I’m hoping the new lever helps make it harder to bump. I’ve cut mine down but it’s still pretty easy to accidentally ride.

Lastly, will the X grip fit in a regular 320 holster from CompTac?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Maybe, yes, and yes.

The design of the X Grip actually allows for the use of the old style slide lock levers. But most of the Grip modules come with the new. Holsters are not an issue.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I purchased an X grip module last fall and it did not come with the slide lock, but it should work with the old original style lever.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Just received a CPO 320 from DaBigBR on this forum and it has the upgraded grip module and new style slide catch levers. Much better.

Along with some new mags and GG guide rods from TGS, I'm almost all set! Dawson sights on the way.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I probably have two or three of the new style slide lock levers laying around if you need one.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up for anyone following this thread, Sig stopped including the newer style slide catch lever with the grip modules. So if you are planning on getting one with your new module double check with the vendor.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
jljones, thanks for the offer. I ran across a new FDE regular grip frame that came with the new lever at a local shop so I’ll work that for now.

posted Hide Post
I just picked up the new X frame Carry , black , med . It did not have a slide lock in the package like the older ones do .and it did fit right in any Desantis leather holster I have .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read on The SiG site mags for your P320 will not fit the X grip module. If you mags have "Sig Sauer" on them won't work. Mags with the "SIG" logo are the ones that fit.
Finding this out stopped me from placing an order for one of those grip modules.
Anyone know an exception to this? I'd planned on replacing Sig's straight trigger and then replacing my grip module with the X grip module.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig sells baseplates that will work, but they are out of stock right now.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...250-floor-plate.html

I switched the newer style baseplates from my compact mags onto the 17 round mags to use in the X grip module . Older baseplates work fine on the compact mags.

Obsidian Arms also makes baseplates that work.

Posts: 6 | Location: Detroit, Michigan,USA | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6 | Location: Detroit, Michigan,USA | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
I read on The SiG site mags for your P320 will not fit the X grip module. If you mags have "Sig Sauer" on them won't work. Mags with the "SIG" logo are the ones that fit.
Finding this out stopped me from placing an order for one of those grip modules.
Anyone know an exception to this? I'd planned on replacing Sig's straight trigger and then replacing my grip module with the X grip module.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

35 seconds with an xacto knife resolves this issue. All current production mags work in both the X grip, and the standard grips.

www.opspectraining.com