SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Newest AR pistol! (Pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Newest AR pistol! (Pics) Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I just finished this one up this past Saturday and tested it Sunday morning! First off, I had a learning experience with the Cerakote, details in the rifle section. I used a Palmetto State Armory upper with a 7.5 inch barrel and PSA 9 inch handguard, KAK muzzle device, bolt and charging handle. The lower is one of those bought on sale Anderson's that I paid in the thirty dollar range. I used also used PSA lower build kit minus the stock (Magpul MOE components) along with a Wilson Ambi safety that a friend gave me. The trigger is a POF Drop in with KNS pins. The brace is a SB pistol brace. The red dot is a Vortex Strikefire II obtained from PSA with 10 Magpul magazines deal. I Cerakoted all the black parts except the barrel (I liked the finish on it) in Gloss Black. The handguard, buffer tube and brace lock assembly I originally Cerakoted blue but do to a over curing mishap turned out black so I left them that way. The upper and lower are Keltec Navy Blue. At the range, I had excellent performance with zero malfunctions, I really liked the trigger, it was the first drop in I've used. It was an indoor range, it's only 25 yards but the 7.5 inch barrel performed way better that I thought it would considering I have minor astigmatism and forgot my prescription glasses.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on the collapsing brace?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

If you mean, the action of collapsing it, it's not one handed, kind of awkward. Not as easy as a A2 type stock as it takes coordination or a lot of practice, something I need to work on Smile

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I think it's the same upper deal that Bisleyblackhawk has except a shorter barrel.

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:

If you mean, the action of collapsing it, it's not one handed, kind of awkward. Not as easy as a A2 type stock as it takes coordination or a lot of practice, something I need to work on Smile

Overall thoughts: ease of use, reliability, cheek weld, length of pull, construction, etc

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That turned out very nice...I like that Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Those SBs are rock solid.
I have a stripped 9mm lower I need to build and slap one of those on and pull the upper from my 9mm SBR on it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good.Which range did you go to? Did they question your brace/firearm at all? I am only asking as I have one (ar-15 pistol with arm brace)and am wondering if they bothered with you.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:

Overall thoughts: ease of use, reliability, cheek weld, length of pull, construction, etc

Here are some comparison pictures with another AR pistol with a Sig brace. As far as action, due to the mechanics of it, its not as easy as a collapsible stock. The tabs have to be squeezed together and at the same time the butt end needs to be pulled or pushed while at the same time holding the weapon. As Mr Fellow LX Mustang owner states, it's rock solid!

short

Long

action

Beth Greene

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Looks good.Which range did you go to? Did they question your brace/firearm at all? I am only asking as I have one (ar-15 pistol with arm brace)and am wondering if they bothered with you.

I shot at St Lucie Shooting Center. Its classified as a pistol brace, I've never anyone bother me there shooting an AR Pistol. Off Duty LEOs often shoot there, never had an issue. Give me a hooler if you want to shoot some time!

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
I would love to. I just have to finish up some schooling for the next year,more or less.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post