SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Given The Choice Of Berettas, Would You Rather Have An M9 Or An M92FS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Given The Choice Of Berettas, Would You Rather Have An M9 Or An M92FS? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
I know there isn't much difference, but they're both on sale this weekend and I can't make up my mind. Not really looking for alternatives; just filling a gap in the library.

Question:
Beretta M9 or Beretta M92FS?

Choices:
Beretta M9
Beretta M92FS

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whichever that's cheaper. If equal price, then whichever that can get to you the quickest. If they can get to you in equal time, then flip the coin.

If it's the M9-A1, then I'll take that.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm planning on losing sleep over it, but does anyone know offhand if they ever put the larger hammer pin in the M9?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yes, the M9 has the same large hammer pin as the rest of the line. I think it was a complete changeover.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
M9. I prefer the straight dustcover, the lack of legalese markings, and The M9 and assembly markings. Functionality they are identical so it really comes down to what one looks best to you.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M9; but do you want a US made Beretta, or Italian for the library? Timely poll, I just finished giving my M9 a little TLC.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Neither, 92A1 FTW

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Rhino for the win

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
M9. I prefer the straight dustcover, the lack of legalese markings, and The M9 and assembly markings. Functionality they are identical so it really comes down to what one looks best to you.

This. Get the M9.

They aren't exactly rare but they're not as dime a dozen as a vanilla 92FS, and it WAS America's service sidearm for probably 40 years by the time the M17 fully fields.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Straight Dustcover, no Advertising, Italian ONLY.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
M9; but do you want a US made Beretta, or Italian for the library? Timely poll, I just finished giving my M9 a little TLC.

I initially though this would be a tiebreaker, but it's not - they just appeal to me for slightly different reasons.

posted Hide Post
M9 from Accokeek all the way . I have 2.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

I initially though this would be a tiebreaker, but it's not - they just appeal to me for slightly different reasons.

I shouldn't have mentioned that; now I want an Italian one! Smile

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I may be talking myself into following the hallowed SigForum path of "Both!" eventually. I'm a bit surprised that I didn't wind up jumping on an S when they were cheap and plentiful recently just because they're something nice from an interesting era.

posted Hide Post
The two are not completely functionally equivalent.

The 92FS frame has a slight relief cut at the top of the back strap that the M9 lacks. This makes the reach to the double action trigger a little bit easier.

I prefer the 92FS for that reason.

The sights on the two are also quite different.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I liked the 90-2, so I think the M9 back strap should be OK.

posted Hide Post
Found this which may help a bit.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/comparison-chart/

Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
Who’s got the best price on an M9?

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I liked the 90-2, so I think the M9 back strap should be OK.

I assume you are referring to the Beretta 90-Two. I never owned one but have handled them. The design of the grip frame and the wrap-around grip on the 90-Two was completely different from that of the 92FS/M9. For me, the grip of the 90-Two felt nothing like either the M9 or the 92FS.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I like the dot-post sights on the M9 more, as well as all of the other things mentioned.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post