SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Plus P in SCCY?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plus P in SCCY? Login/Join 
posted
My nephew just got his first pistol, an SCCY 9mm. Sort of like a Kel-Tec 32 on steroids. Anyone know for sure if it would be happy on Fed 9BPLE? I thought it would be nice to give him a box or two of something.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one for a few days and if I remember correctly.
Not rated for +Ps. But that didnt stop me.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Delray Beach Florida | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fed 9BPLE

That ammo is +P+ I believe. I would definitely not give him any of that ammo. Federal HST standard pressure should do nicely.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of it being +P+.
I did however use a few rounds of Nato Winchester 124gr white box and a few +P 124 Gold Dots. I remember them being a bit more snappy in the little lightweight Skky. A bit more so then my go to round of regular HST 124gr. That I carry in every other 9mm I own. Other then maybe punishing the gun. They didn't bother me.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Delray Beach Florida | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would not advise using that.

These tiny pistols are already hard enough to hold onto and shoot with regular ammo, why make that even harder and beat up the gun too?

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
I had one of the original CPX1. It was not rated for +P according to the manual. It was a handful with just 115g ammo.

Mine had a failure and the trigger went dead. It would only shoot if you held it gangsta style. SCYY replaced it but I traded it off soon afterwards.

Posts: 376 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
9BPLE is marked +P+....I have many boxes of it. 9BP is same configuration but falls within SAAMI specs, 9BPLE does not. I personally would never shoot +P in any SCCY firearm much less +P+. Nothing good will come of it.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reason to use +p is for self defense. An SCCY is not my idea of a reliable defensive pistol. So I would only shoot target ammo through it, only at targets, only at the range.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All answers confirm what I suspected. I may give him a box of Blazer, or may do nothing. Non-involvement can sometimes be the best course of action. Thanks to all who replied.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Assuming it's a CPX1 or 2, a near clone of the KT P11, non +P or +P+ is what I would stick with. My P11 has been flawless with 115gr & 124gr, but per the manual isn't rated for +P.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post