SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    stocking up on 10rd magazines
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
stocking up on 10rd magazines Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
Are you stocking up on 10rd magazines just in case obiden manages to ban 'high capacity' pistol magazines?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be confusing since almost every proposed bill I've seen in years picks 10+ as the ban. So I would be stocking up on the bigger ones. And I think a lot of people are because any number of those kind across different brands are unobtainable.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
No here too.

Posts: 6154 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Nope. I don't care what he bans, I'm ignoring him and all his E.O.s and laws.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Nothing will be enacted and approved by SCOTUS during his tenure, and EO's won't cut it. I packed without a permit for 9 years in a hostile state. A mag ban doesn't scare me.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
This seems counter-intuitive.

Buy all the standard capacity mags you want, now. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
To the extent I'm stocking up, I'm with hrcjon. The thing is, we're coming out of one panic and trying to foresee the next panic. That next panic, in turn, will be generated by someone who doesn't really seem to be hitting on all four cylinders and who doesn't really seem to swing a lot of weight with the Congress as currently composed. So, yeah, maybe a bit of patience would be to the good.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
negative, wont be doing that.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
Not me. I have enough magazines for everything I own.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Not a chance in hell. I refuse to succumb to a new panic.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
nope, ill carry and use what I see fit, not what some sh*tty politician tells me

posted Hide Post
Nope. I plan to ignore whatever these Commies do.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If nothing else why not use 10 round mags for the range and save the normal capacity mags for edc. Always good to have a plan B and something to barter with.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
No, I remember all of the "banning" fear from previous administration's that never came to fruition.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I ran out and did so last year......it was for an HK45c/USPc .45 so......there is that. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Obama could not get an AWB passed after Sandy Hook shooting with 15 democrat senators voting against it. I certainly don't see it happening now either especially with the great shape President Trump left SCOTUS AND circuit courts in. Why spend the political capital for a gun ban that very well could be overturned by SCOTUS that could also nullify almost every gun ban at the state level also?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Weapons_Ban_of_2013

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, failed on a vote of 40 in favor to 60 in opposition. It was supported by Democrat Reid and Republican Senator Mark Kirk, but 15 Democrats, one independent, and all the Republicans except Kirk voted against the ban.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't forecast stuff politically. Logic simply does not apply and we have elected a full slate of idiots. But we had an AWB and mag ban for 10 years. So it as a concept can pass. And every draft bill since then has addressed a number of things the gun grabbers thought was wrong the first time like the ability to sell what you already possess. If you lived through that originals AWB you probably are in good shape. I know I don't want to ever spend $150 on glock standard mags when the real rate is $20. One of the good things about the current panic is that mags are still generally available and not priced creatively. SO if you don't have what you need I suggest you get it if you have the financial means. Mags are a consumable and I don't know that one can have too many. All FWIW.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
NOPE

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There will be plenty of 10 rd magazines if needed