SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G23 Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G23 Magazines Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
In 2004 when the Assault Weapon Ban sunseted, I bought some standard capacity (13 rounds) marked “Restricted L/E Govt Only” for my 3rd generation G23.

My question is, do these marked magazines command any extra price over non marked G23 mags?

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No. Only to a collector, maybe?

We had tons for the 22/23. We used them and abused them then tossed them.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
A time I Hope we Never see again. And it’s just a used magazine that reminds me of the Clinton’s. No extra value to me...and it’s a .40 so it’s worth is even less.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They're actually worth less in my area.

#1, they're older and now at least two major generations behind the current production magazine.

#2, Carrying around LE/Govt' only marked magazines opens you up to potentially getting hassled by some of the newer officers who have no idea what the 1994-2004 AWB was and why magazines would have these markings. Sure, it's not illegal to have them anymore, but why take the risk when gen5 magazines are ~$20-25 each?

I have a few, of these LEO marked mags and use them only as range magazines. I do not carry any for the reason stated above.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I just thought it best to check here before selling.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post