New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 owners Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy with mine. I actually have 2 of them. 1st is an early production that went back for the upgrades due to RTB issues. It now has 1200+ rounds thru it (600 or so were hollow points) and zero issues.

Gun number 2 is a middle of march production with a 12K serial number. Has 300rds thru it zero issues.

I carry via 2 different methods depending on certain factors.

1st method (most common) is right pocket carry with the 10rd flush fit magazine and a 12rd spare mag. Holster is a kydex Glock 42 holster (fits perfect) from ebay seller jbowe12

2nd method is IWB at 5 oclock with a kydex holster from Vigilence Tactical. This is also a Glock 42 holster and the fit is perfect.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
They aren’t striker failures. They are striker drags. I believe someone even posted here about it. A few people have posted that Sig says it is normal.

The tip broke off where it narrows from the body.

Caveat: This is one person's experience and many others have hundreds, if not thousands of rounds, through them without this issue.

Fast forward to 9:09 in this video https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/c..._500_rounds_on_this/

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of whining and hand-wringing over...what? Does your pistol have a broken striker? Oh, I see, you read about it on the internet.

And that reedit link is perfectly illustrative of the same old, tired knee-jerk, platitude-spouting horse shit- "SIG has really gone down hill. Ron Cohen is the devil incarnate. SIG's QC sucks yaddadda P320 yaddayadda harumpharumph grumble, piss, moan, repeat."

What I see is a bunch of people who are jumping to conclusions, over scant evidence. The pissing and moaning about SIG is laughable. Oh, they're just horrible, aren't they? But, at least you can put a face on it. The late Roger Ebert said that when he was a kid, everything he and his friends knew about sex could be described in one word- marilynmonroe. That's the way it is with the perpetual SIG whiners- just string together a bunch of buzzwords and make sure you include the sinister incantion- roncohen. I'm here to tell you- as a man with a front row seat to SIG's production over the past two decades, that these people who repeat roncohenroncohenroncohen are talking out of their ass, trying to act as if they know the actual, current state of quality of SIG firearms based upon their one or two samples and a bunch of anonymous pissing on the internet.

Gosh, it couldn't be that you jumped onto a brand new, unproven pistol, could it? No, of course not. It's Ron Cohen's fault. It's SIG QC's fault.

Gentlemen and ladies, I am here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with SIG-Sauer as a firearms company. There's just not, and those of you who repeat the same tired old shit over and over bore the fuck out of me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I'm just shy of 1k rounds through mine. I love it.

It is a great carry gun. I have been no fan of Sig for a while now, but I love this gun. I've been on of those guys probably boring the fuck out of Para, so it says something that the gun has me excited about owning a Sig again.

I think they need to expand the platform actually. I'd love to see one with a 4" barrel that is 5" high. It doesn't have to be 15+1 like a G19, just make it a G19 size and let the capacity be whatever it turns out to be.

I would not hesitate to buy another one.

It does have a small/thin grip, but that's what I love about it. It's like the G43/42/shield/etc, it's small and compact and that means some compromises, but it's still very shootable.

A little longer and taller one would make it even more shootable.

For a carry gun, it's really hard to beat.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
There is good reason to be skeptical of the gun. First, it has had known problems. Second, a gun this small is inherently less reliable than a full size gun because or the timing just as Bruce has explained a 3" 1911 has less time to to do everything than. 5"1911. It will take some time and tweaking to get it right.

And sig has some reputation problems lately. The 320, 290, 938, MPX...have all had issues. Sig makes good guns but I'm waiting on the 365 until it has been thoroughly vetted.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
There is good reason to be skeptical of the gun.
There's good reason to be skeptical of any new firearm design.

There are two kinds of gun buyers in this world- those who rush right out to buy the latest, and then there are those who wait. I wait. As a result, I come to grief very rarely when it comes to firearms.

Those of you who rush right out, you know the risk. Don't blame SIG when the actual problem is your impatience.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
Seeing people now reporting issues striker breaking which is not good at all.

Where did you read those reports? I haven't seen anything on this forum. You know how those GLOCK people like to spread rumors... Razz

I did a Google search and found a few posts, with photos, of the striker tip breaking off. I also belong to some P365 Facebook groups, where members post photos of the broken striker.It leaves a gouge in the primer, next to the indent. The striker doesn't seem to retract fast enough and some have broken off. It doesn't help that the striker is made from powered iron, instead of forged. I am working on a fix for mine, before it does. I'm testing it this afternoon.

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pop quiz- name the striker-fired pistols currently available which do not use a MIM striker.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
There is good reason to be skeptical of the gun. First, it has had known problems. Second, a gun this small is inherently less reliable than a full size gun because or the timing just as Bruce has explained a 3" 1911 has less time to to do everything than. 5"1911. It will take some time and tweaking to get it right.

And sig has some reputation problems lately. The 320, 290, 938, MPX...have all had issues. Sig makes good guns but I'm waiting on the 365 until it has been thoroughly vetted.

I'm not big on jumping on fads the moment they emerge; a wise man once said "never fly the A model of anything." I have, and I know why you don't.

The P365 does not represent a risk to me. I've bought two. The notion that it's inherently less reliable than a full size handgun carries no logic. A comparison with a 1911 is nonsensical; this isn't a 1911. It isn't a scaled down P365, for that matter. It's got come commonality in manual of arms and function with someone who is comfortable shooting a P320, but it's not a scaled down P320. It's a unique, clean-sheet design

I've carried the G43 a lot; it's a small pistol, which has proven very reliable. Enough so that I frequently have one in my pocket. I intend to demonstrate the same to myself regarding the P365; I shall see for myself, which is why I bought it. Once shown reliable, I won't be much interested in he-said or she-said off the internet. Bird in the hand, and all that.

The P320 wasn't unreliable. A reported problem which became overblown and sky-is-falling batshit internet crazy became an issue for some. Sig offered a cost-free modification, and upon conclusion the pistol was still just as reliable. The trigger was still just as good, and it's still an excellent pistol. Enough so that despite having just adopted the G19, the USMC has followed on the heels of the US Army in adopting the P320.

If the P365 proves problematic, it will go back to Sig. If it doesn't, and I have no reason to believe that it will, it will go in my pocket.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The notion that it's inherently less reliable than a full size handgun carries no logic.
Sorry, but this makes no sense if you know handguns. The 9x19mm is a high pressure cartridge, never intended as a chambering for these miniscule pistols.
All one has to do is look at the history of these small pistols in cartridges such as 9x19mm and .40 S&W to understand that there are special considerations getting these small pistols to work with these high pressure service pistol cartridges.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of the current crop of striker-fired pistols, which pistols have machined, tool steel strikers, as opposed to MIM?

posted Hide Post
The 365 looks like a winner so far. I hope soon, they produce a .45acp version. THAT, is what I really hope to see.

Posts: 188 | Registered: August 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sorry, but this makes no sense if you know handguns. The 9x19mm is a high pressure cartridge, never intended as a chambering for these miniscule pistols.
All one has to do is look at the history of these small pistols in cartridges such as 9x19mm and .40 S&W to understand that there are special considerations getting these small pistols to work with these high pressure service pistol cartridges.

Are you saying that the P365 is unreliable?

I do know handguns. In this case, I have purchased the P365, but don't know it. I bought them to get to know them.

I do know that my G26 is no less reliable than my G34, my G33 no less reliable than my G31, and my small single stack G43 100% reliable so far.

Sig built the P365 around the 9X19 cartridge. I anticipate no reason for it to be less reliable than my P320 full size (which shares the same reliability with my P320 compact and subcompact).

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys who currently have a 365 use the front rail groove as an index point? I find it similar to a gas pedal or accelerator cut. It gives me good control.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you saying that the P365 is unreliable?
You quoted what I said, then ask me what it means? It means exactly what I said.
Acting as if getting small pistols such as the P365 to function reliably with high pressure cartridges is the same as getting pistols two, three, four times bigger than these pocket handguns to function with the same cartridges indicates to me that there's a lot you don't know with respect to these pocket pistols.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I see a lot of whining and hand-wringing over...what? Does your pistol have a broken striker? Oh, I see, you read about it on the internet.

And that reedit link is perfectly illustrative of the same old, tired knee-jerk, platitude-spouting horse shit- "SIG has really gone down hill. Ron Cohen is the devil incarnate. SIG's QC sucks yaddadda P320 yaddayadda harumpharumph grumble, piss, moan, repeat."

What I see is a bunch of people who are jumping to conclusions, over scant evidence. The pissing and moaning about SIG is laughable. Oh, they're just horrible, aren't they? But, at least you can put a face on it. The late Roger Ebert said that when he was a kid, everything he and his friends knew about sex could be described in one word- marilynmonroe. That's the way it is with the perpetual SIG whiners- just string together a bunch of buzzwords and make sure you include the sinister incantion- roncohen. I'm here to tell you- as a man with a front row seat to SIG's production over the past two decades, that these people who repeat roncohenroncohenroncohen are talking out of their ass, trying to act as if they know the actual, current state of quality of SIG firearms based upon their one or two samples and a bunch of anonymous pissing on the internet.

Gosh, it couldn't be that you jumped onto a brand new, unproven pistol, could it? No, of course not. It's Ron Cohen's fault. It's SIG QC's fault.

Gentlemen and ladies, I am here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with SIG-Sauer as a firearms company. There's just not, and those of you who repeat the same tired old shit over and over bore the fuck out of me.

Love this post.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do know that my G26 is no less reliable than my G34, my G33 no less reliable than my G31, and my small single stack G43 100% reliable so far.
What is the weight of a G26 slide? What is the weight of a P365 slide?

Is the G26 a chopped version of an existing design? Is the P365 a chopped version of an existing design?

Were there any issues with Glock's truly small pistols when they were introduced- the G42 and G43? You betcha. It is better to compare the P365 with a pistol such as the G43.

posted Hide Post
I did compare the G43 to the P365. I carry the G43 a lot, and as noted, it's been 100% reliable.

After the P365 has proven equally reliable, I'll carry it, too.

For now, I have one in hand, another coming, and I'll give it some range time to see how it does. It won't have nearly the wringing out that someone like Mr. Jones can and does do, but enough to satiate my comfort level. Presently the G43 has about 4500 rounds through it; a drop in the bucket by Glock standards, but enough that I'm comfortable carrying it.

With the 365, I'll take a wait and see approach.

There's no way to refer to the G43 as scaled down from another Glock, because it's unlike another glock; it was built around the 9X19, much in the same way the P365 was built around the same cartridge.

Small 9mm's are popular today, with large numbers of G43's, XDs's, Shields, and so forth, sold. I have each of those in multiples, too, and with the exception of my shield's frame which split, all have been reliable.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no way to refer to the G43 as scaled down from another Glock, because it's unlike another glock; it was built around the 9X19, much in the same way the P365 was built around the same cartridge.
Man, you don't listen worth a damn.

Saying that the P365 was "built around" the 9x19mm cartridge is meaningless blather. I am telling you- once again- these very small pistols firing high pressure cartridges such as the 9x19mm and the .40 S&W are more finicky than service-sized pistols. There are additional considerations with these tiny pistols, mainly because of higher slide velocities. You want to argue that point, or will you just ignore it?

The only reason I mentioned the G26 is because you mentioned it.

I waited more than a year to purchase a Glock G42 after its introduction, and in that period, Glock tweaked internals and made changes- more than once- to the pistol's magazines.

Hello?

McFly??

You want to be the first kid on your block with the latest blaster? This is the risk you take when you've got to be the first.

posted Hide Post
I listen exceptionally well, thanks.

Sig spent two years designing this pistol as a clean sheet design. The first six months of that was just the magazine, and they built the pistol around the magazine. 40,000 test rounds initially, no frame issues, no problems. They used the new drop test protocol, developed after the P320 experiences, more than 25 drop angles and orientations, over 550 times, up to 6'.

You're absolutely right that many designs, including many of the Glocks, have had teething troubles, and Sig is no different.

Did I say I wanted to be "the first kid on the block?" No. I didn't.

Did I say I just bought two? I did. Same thing I do with a number of pistols, and I have more than a few (more than a hundred). I try them. Then I try them some more. And then some more. There are plenty of small, reliable 9mm pistols today. Is this one? We shall see.