Tools

P365 owners Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I fixed the photo link. Hopefully that worked

Glock Certified Armorer
NY State Certified Firearm Instructor
NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Posts: 12 | Location: People’s Republic of New York | Registered: September 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It works great now. Thanks for an excellent write-up and for your expertise on this subject.

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
I had my P365 for about a month, put 500 flawless rounds through it, but it just never fit in my hand right and point naturally like my other pistols.

The lingering reliability issues just didn't inspire confidence in it for me, when the Military Arms Channel Youtube channel has Mac purchase three separate P365s brand new off the shelf at gun stores, and each and everyone of them turned out to be a clunker, they have a problem!

Not depending my life on a weapon with a track record like that! Sorry, but I sold mine and perhaps give it another look down the line when they can fix the lingering problems and change up the ergomonics a bit

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
Sorry, but I sold mine and perhaps give it another look down the line when they can fix the lingering problems and change up the ergomonics a bit

I think you're in the minority as far as ergonomics go. If you are waiting for them to change something there, you won't be buying another one.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Agreed. What would you expect them to change? They aren't going to make it bigger.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ergonomics of the P365 are one of it's better features, in my opinion. Understanding that it's a small pistol; that's the entire point of the pistol, it's not going to have a full size grip.

Whatever else the P365 may or may not have going on, the ergonomics are outstanding. It's easily controllable, even with the small magazine with flush baseplate. It fits a pocket extremely well, and the size makes for a nice, clean draw. The pistol is snag-free; even coming out of a pocket it doesn't snag.

There's no tendency of the pistol to work out of my grip when firing, slow or rapidly. It's easy to make small groups.

I'm not a big fan of the x-ray sights as they're low observable, low-visible, but they are low and flat and still provide a sight picture with minimal obstruction for a draw or use. I'd replace them with something brighter, but I don't know of any that fit that low and tight and still provide a good sight picture...so no complaints there, either.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm now over 1800 rounds thru my January production P365 and its running great. Love this pistol!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have heard that a frame change is in the works, to eliminate the trigger spring issue.
It was from a NY times reporter with a anonymous source in SIG.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean the dead trigger that some are experiencing?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Have heard that a frame change is in the works, to eliminate the trigger spring issue.

Why on earth would the NYT do any story on a specific model of firearm?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^

Agreed. What would you expect them to change? They aren't going to make it bigger.

It needs better trigger guard relief.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with those that feel this gun is near perfection. Sometimes the owner needs to weight the benefits and learn to adapt to the gun as opposed "the gun does not fit me" syndrome.
As a RSO I have "sold" a couple dozen P365's to customers and not one has regretted their purchase.

It is possible that down the lines there may be some frame options which would be a very easy swap out by the owner. Bruce Gray already has some on the market.
sns3guppy, I have not heard of a "dead trigger" in a very long time. Enjoy your gun.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I couldn't be happier with my Sig P365, and it's been added to my EDC rotation, I carry it with the 12 round mag. and also have an extra, the sights are great, and I'm use to them in both my Legions and my P320 X CARRY, they just work for me and my eyes, the trigger is awesome for a stock out of the box gun, but even then it's pretty awesome, as triggers go, I have large hands, but the p365 frame seems to be just fine in my hands, it feels great, and the texture on the grip holds my hand in place shot after shot, my gun seems to like the Sig 365 ammo, so I'm going to stay with it for range and carry, this is a great time for us gun nuts, so many quality firearms to choose from..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
Sorry, but I sold mine and perhaps give it another look down the line when they can fix the lingering problems and change up the ergomonics a bit

I think you're in the minority as far as ergonomics go. If you are waiting for them to change something there, you won't be buying another one.

Guess I won't be buying another one then, LOL!

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmmm... is it April Fool's already?

His source was the NY Times as well. Razz

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't post hearsay in this forum. That's a ridiculous and unbelievable story. If you didn't have 15 years and 1100 posts here, I'd be branding you a troll right now.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
NY Times

My #1 go to source for firearms info... Roll Eyes

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Just FYI for anyone looking, I just got an email from Palmetto State Armory advertising the P365 for $499 shipped and in stock.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is everything I hoped for and more. For me it is a perfect pocket gun when I run to the store and do not want to take the time to gear-up.

Posts: 7 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: June 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I just traded for a 365 today and will take it to the range next week. I got to try one out back in June with I visited my friend in OK and liked it. Hopefully it's as good as I remember.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post