SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 X5 Legion Lockup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 X5 Legion Lockup Login/Join 
posted
I shoot a lot of IDPA and USPSA. The 320 X5 Legion has been making a pretty big splash in my shooting circles since it was introduced. Many folks are raving about how flat and accurate it shoots. Two of my friends have started shooting them in competitions. In the last week I have heard of two different instances where the gun has locked up during matches. In the first case I have heard second hand that the gun locked up and could not be fixed even by a Sig armourer that was at the match. The second case was a friend of mine who was shooting a local practice match and had the gun lock up and he ended up taking it to Robert Burke to get it unlocked. I am having dinner with my friend tonight so I will get the whole story and report back what the issue was. What I am wondering is has anyone else here experienced or heard of any major failures like this with the 320 X5 Legion?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any issues with my P320 Legion. I have a very early model (3 Jul 19 manufacture date). I have not gotten to shoot as much as I would have liked but I have put around 1,500 rounds through mine. I have not had one issue with mine.

I have a standard P320 X5 that I have put a ton of rounds through and I have not had an issue with that one either.

The X5 line is an amazing value and even better shooter. I see them more and more at competition's.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I had a P320 X5 lock up. My fault. A round got in that didn't have a primer. Firing pin lodged in the flash hole and wouldn't budge. As the extractor tried to pull the round out, tilting the barrel, the pin would hit the edge of the flash hole and stop. So maybe an eighth of an inch of rearward slide travel. We cautiously banged the slide (this was at a match) until the firing pin ripped through part of the brass and the slide could be retracted. Absolutely no damage to the firing pin - thought that was impressive. No one there had seen that happen before.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Is there any reason to believe the X5 Legion models have barrels with tighter chambers than other models? I have seen firearms lock up, and it’s always been the ammunition that was at fault. I can’t think of what else it could be short of a massive parts failure, but a tighter than normal chamber could make the problem more likely to manifest itself with bad ammo, I believe.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
When I've seen guns, various makes, lock up during a match, i has almost always been ammo related.

Usually folk who didn't case gauge "every" round

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well aparently in the case of my friend the magazine somehow made contact with the extractor and bent the extractor up against the slide. Burke had to hammer the extractor back into position.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I know of one member here who bought a Legion and it shot way to one side. So much so, the sights had to be drifted all the way to the side to correct it. This was after multiple employees at his range confirmed that it was shooting to one side.

When you looked at his barrel hood, it looked like the slide was wearing more unevenly on one side than the other but that was me just confirming through my friend’s pictures. I haven’t gotten to handle it yet.

Eventually the shop sent the gun back on my buddy’s behalf because he bought it from them.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve only ever had 1 lock-up (PPQ). It was ammo.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
Well aparently in the case of my friend the magazine somehow made contact with the extractor and bent the extractor up against the slide.

The extractor or the ejector?
I cannot imagine how a magazine could contact the extractor, or how it could bend it if it did.

I assume it was actually the ejector because there isn’t too much clearance between an inserted magazine and the ejector. It would still be interesting to know how that happened. Was it with an extended magazine that didn’t have the collar at the bottom to prevent “overinsertion”? That’s the only way I can picture its happening.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post