SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Year end gripes about guns/ammo/2A terms/phrases that annoy you.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Year end gripes about guns/ammo/2A terms/phrases that annoy you. Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Calling a .45 Colt a .45 Long Colt...this bugs the shit outta me.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We must do something about _____ !"
(Usually the current day's topic of liberal panic and condescending self-righteousness.)

Ok, like what?
Make some kind of suggestion, give me some kind of coherent idea.
Because if you leave it up to me, you aren't gonna like my solution.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
"We must do something about _____ !"
(Usually the current day's topic of liberal panic and condescending self-righteousness.)

Ok, like what?
Make some kind of suggestion, give me some kind of coherent idea.
Because if you leave it up to me, you aren't gonna like my solution.

You mean, like this Combat Vet who is "pro 2nd Ammendment" but believes "something has to be done"?
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6250031534/p/3

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Oh SNAP!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have $2500, what AR should I buy.
Help me spend my money.
M-loc or Key-mod.

Posts: 113 | Location: N.E.Ohio | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Help me spend my money.

Yeah, that one gets me all the time.

quote:
Ruger

Ouch. Kinda like 'Springfield' is to me, I suppose.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Seeing all these now prohibited terms, I find I can no longer talk about firearms. Wink

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
People who say “running” that look like they never ran once in their life.

Not gun related but people who say “winner winner chicken dinner” should accidentally be killed on purpose.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"CLIP" Picked up a gun from my FFL of all people, who asked me how many round clip this was!!!

Others that annoy:

"Class"
"Training"
"Guys who let there weapon fail, because it's not tactical to clean it"

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Since this hit Page 3, I'll break the rul(e)s and chime in on another couple, both used by (annoying) customers in the past couple of days:

"Boringly" then followed by an attribute, like 'reliable' or 'accurate'. How the hell can a good thing be boring? Would the person saying this rather their gun choke and stovepipe and go 'BOOM' instead?

"Glock killer". Really? Funny how advocates of each new comer seems to claim to put Glock's proverbial foot into its grave. And yet Glock continues to do quite well. Confounding that Gaston & Co. still ain't dead yet. Dunno...maybe it's because Glock is some sort of millipede, and that's why they haven't run out of feet yet.

(Edited for spelling and grammar, just 'cause it bugs me. Must've been pretty grumpy when writin' this last night. Or the scotch hadn't worn off. It's all a haze now...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Since this hit Page 3, I'll break the ruls and chime in on another couple, both used by (annoying) customers in the past couple of days:

"Boringly" then followed by an attribute, like 'reliable' or 'accurate'. How the hell can a good things be boring? Would the person saying this rather their gun choke and stovepipe and go 'BOOM' instead?

Glock killer. Really? Funny how advocates of each new comer seems to claim to put Glock's proverbial foot into its grave. And yet Glock continues to do quite well. Confounding that Gaston & Co. still ain't dead yet. Dunno...maybe it's because Glock is some sort of millipede, and that's why they haven't run out of feet yet.

Same here.

- Folks who already bought their guns, took them home, and then went online to ask about "value". People, the time to inquire about value is before, not after you already bought the damn thing. I have a couple of theories about why they do this, but it doesn't matter. It's annoying just the same.

- Not strictly related to guns & ammo, but, the "Meh" is getting to me. It used to be not bothersome, but the more I see it, the more irritating it gets. Big Grin

This thread topic used to be a 15-page deal a few years ago, even without the "rule". What happened to everybody? Razz

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
"They Said"

Who the hell is "they".

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It hurts to stick to one, there are so MANY. But just for something strictly technical:
bore diameter.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
"They Said"

Who the hell is "they".

They are who we are not

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Game Changer" -- Like Glock Killer, a dumb phrase usually used well before the sayer has even handled, much less shot or owned said product.

"EDC rotation" -- EDC is by definition, Every Day Carry.

Not Some Day Carry, not Rotational Day Carry.

Every Day Carry.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ They should come up with the new phrase, EDR. Wink

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"Game Changer" -- Like Glock Killer, a dumb phrase usually used well before the sayer has even handled, much less shot or owned said product.

Every Day Carry.

By"rotation", are you guys spinning your carry guns on your index finger?

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Every Day Carry.

By"rotation", are you guys spinning your carry guns on your index finger?

Sometimes, it depends on (1) a person's mood and (2) how the gun is feeling.

A gun in the safe becomes Frown over time. It wants to be out and used, in a holster or even at the RANGE.

And SWMBO aka the Ball & Chain doesn't know about the secret gun lust you have for them all, so it's like cheating but you can't get caught. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
"Big boy rules!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
"Buy once, cry once". An alliterative excuse to tell someone else to spend more of their money.

People who misunderstand the definition of "alliterative." Razz

By the way, I'm truly impressed with the subtlety of this thread; almost every post had me smiling, chuckling, or occasionally laughing out loud. Well done, collective hive!

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post