SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Year end gripes about guns/ammo/2A terms/phrases that annoy you.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Year end gripes about guns/ammo/2A terms/phrases that annoy you. Login/Join 
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
"Modern Sporting Rifle"

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Press Check".

Because I always forget if I chambered a round.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LNIB or only put/shot 200 rounds

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
People who get all worked up about and have to correct people with "it's a magazine not a clip ", "it's a suppressor not a silencer", "it's revolver not a pistol", "it's a rifle not a gun" etc etc. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post

Maybe I'm suffering from 8 years of FBHO, but the whole Molon Labe thing just totally became an over used marketing tool to sell guns and for a way to be extra tacticool.

it's everywhere now.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I'm suffering from 8 years of FBHO, but the whole Molon Labe thing just totally became an over used marketing tool to sell guns and for a way to be extra tacticool.

Agreed. Plus nobody wearing the shit says it the same way (I don't even care how it should be said)

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Agreed. Plus nobody wearing the shit says it the same way (I don't even care how it should be said)

Moron Label? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"+1"

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tack Driver.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Automatically calling guns/firearms “weapons”

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Looks like we're not going to have too many descriptive words and phrases leftWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Wheel Gun" or even worse "Wheelie".

Hey nitwit, it's a REVOLVER and has been described as such since the 1840's. If I had access to a time machine I would like to go back to that first nitwit who called a Revolver a Wheel Gun and kick him square in the nuts.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Yeah, man...I could list soooooo many...
But at least give me room to list two:

EDC and LGS.

C'mon, man! Speak English! Stop trying to sound like a gun hipster slinging around lingo attempting to show what a deeply experienced member of the firearms cognoscenti you are, 'cause it ain't working, pal. You just sound like a dweeb.

"I went down to a local gun shop to look for a J-Frame to daily carry...." See? How hard is it?

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
"safe queen"

Honorable mention-"Get some damn grease". It's not the original statement, but rather the quoting every time a lube thread is started.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
“<stupid, unquantified term> accurate”

Examples

“Scary Accurate”

“Deadly Accurate”
We had a thread like this a few years ago. My contribution was "inherently accurate", as in gun writers spouting "the 5.56X45 (or whatever) is an inherently accurate round". I guess you could shoot it out of a sewer pipe or a bent barrel and it'd hit the mark?

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
Tactical.

It seems like every time you see or read something or someone says something about guns or ammo or their set up they want to throw the word tactical into it a dozen times.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Posts: 3235 | Location: USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

Moron Label? Big Grin
MOOOLon LABEEEE? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
"safe queen"

Honorable mention-"Get some damn grease". It's not the original statement, but rather the quoting every time a lube thread is started.

How about the old man right of passage to come to the universal epiphany "I just use Mobile One on EVERYTHING" .

Like that really simplifies your life and relieves you from something that took up a lot of time, effort, and resources.

I mean choosing from the 10 types of Mobile One is just so much easier for all of your oil needs... Razz

posted Hide Post
^^^^

"What's the best" threads.

No two posters ever agree, so whats the point in asking??

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Weapon system

There are times this can be used but not when referring to your glock. That is a pistol, not a weapon system.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post