SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Year end gripes about guns/ammo/2A terms/phrases that annoy you.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Year end gripes about guns/ammo/2A terms/phrases that annoy you. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, "bore axis" and "carry rotation" are already taken.

Lemme think...

How about drop safe? Really tired of that one this year.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Truck Gun
Truck Gun
Truck Gun

Frown

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Shotty"

There are others but I will leave them for additional posters in a spirit of holiday gemütlichkeit.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Gun culture.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trigger press

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Bump stocks make semi auto into auto. Looking at you MSN CBS whatever flavor it is

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
“CONTACT FRONT”

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
mag well

If a gun that uses detachable magazines didn’t have a magazine well, there would be no place to put the magazine. It’s like saying, “I just bought a new truck, but I’m going to add a fuel tank so I can spend less time fueling.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47408 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
"Train like you fight"

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Put some rounds downrange.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"Shotty"

There are others but I will leave them for additional posters in a spirit of holiday gemütlichkeit.

This one was my #1.

Elsie Pea for LCP

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fitment

(a term that is constantly used incorrectly)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWG:
Running

Thank you!!! You “run” an Isky cam in your engine not parts in/on your firearm!

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"With today ammo, caliber doesn't matter"

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Fitment

(a term that is constantly used incorrectly)

Oh, man, yes, very annoying.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If it has a hammer, it's an antique"
-James Yeager

Yeah, ok James....

Posts: 27 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: October 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Clip"

When a Garand is nowhere near being part of the conversation, or any other correct use of the word.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kit

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
" Boom Stick "

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Standard Capacity Magazine

Talking to a friend yesterday, said he was going to gun show, I asked if he's getting something or just walking through to look? He answered he needed some high capacity magazines, they don't sell them in Maryland only standard capacity magazines.

Sadly living in MD has twisted and perverted his mind so much that he thinks that specially adapted magazines that are an alteration to the original design of the manufacturer is the "Standard Capacity" and the standard ones are "High Capacity".

In my mind whatever the manufacturers design is the standard capacity mag for that gun. Maybe if you add a +2 baseplate then you could call it a high capacity?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post