SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Buy Now or Wait?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Buy Now or Wait? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
W a i t

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting. Platform may be nice and compact - but obvious the issues are still being worked out. I can be patient.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wait. Why rush to buy something that's completely new, unproven, and has had problems?

This. I am going to wait a while before I buy one.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Personally I wait for most firearms, especially carry firearms.

I mean is your current carry weapon that fucked up that you have to jump on the never ending train of ITS A GAME CHANGER MAN pistols that are released in a never ending stream...?

I know, I KNOW - the P365 REALLY is a GAME CHANGER. Mooooore BOOLETS man. Like 4 MORE boolets.

If you need those so desperately, have a turn at the wheel...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
My P 365 has a June 9, 2018 date, and has been flawless, it seems the guns made from middle May and on have been fine, before that I can't speak for,I own a lot of Sigs, and all of them have been quality firearms, I'm carrying my 365 and it's now in my EDC rotation, the funning thing about this gun, I have large hands, and when I saw this gun, I said to myself, no way, this gun is too small, well I was wrong, it felt great in my hand, and now with the 12 round magazine it gives me an even better Real-estate for a great grip, and the gun stays put during firing which makes follow up shots a pleasure and easy to do with good results, I'm waiting for another to come in at my LGS, a gun like this I don't mind having two of...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one and couldnt trust it though it ran fine.

What I dont like is the well documented reports of failures that strike without much warning. Also its the nature of the failures that get me, its not small stuff. Striker breaking and unable to strike, trigger dead after even high amounts of rounds. We arent talking finish wear or get past 50 rounds here.

I dont buy carry guns and run them if they dont work and in the end I couldnt trust it so I sold it to a guy who was ok with rolling the dice. I can accept a project gun or fun gun having things like this but not something that must work.

If they iron out the bugs and there are no issues a year or two down the road I'd love to pick one up. IF.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I picked one up about 6 weeks ago (born on 6/20/18) with a little trepidation. I’ve now got about 700 rounds of 6 different brands of ammo, both 115 & 124 gr, with absolutely flawless performance. I’m amazed at how easy it is to aim and shoot accurately, especially for a sub-compact pistol. I’m sold and will probably pick up another now that they’re catching up on backorders and the prices are dropping.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I picked one up about 6 weeks ago (born on 6/20/18) with a little trepidation. I’ve now got about 700 rounds of 6 different brands of ammo, both 115 & 124 gr, with absolutely flawless performance. I’m amazed at how easy it is to aim and shoot accurately, especially for a sub-compact pistol. I’m sold and will probably pick up another now that they’re catching up on backorders and the prices are dropping.

There have been at least three used P365 pistols with lots of extras on (Phoenix) armslist.com and (Phoenix) gunlistings.com recently.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:

There have been at least three used P365 pistols with lots of extras on (Phoenix) armslist.com and (Phoenix) gunlistings.com recently.

Who could blame them. If you read some of these threads, there’s people who have heard they carry smallpox and cholera.

Dump the damn thing before it kills your entire neighborhood.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
For me, the primer drag is a serious problem. “x number through mine without any issues!” Is BS imo.

People say that yet they have massive primer drag. That puts stress on the striker and will cause it to fail.

It’s inevitable imo. If they fix that issue, then I would say it’s safe to buy one. Sig telling us small guns have primer drag is a flat lie. It means, “this is wrong, but it would be too costly to fix it, so we’re going to serve you a shit sandwich and hope you eat it.”

If they fix that and no one announces something similar at shot in January, then I’d buy one.

At this point, I’m happy I sold mine still.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You need another hobby other than blaming SIG...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Armslist.com showed overpriced pistols; 650 for the P365 in Phoenix, and magazines at over sixty bucks each, in Arizona.

There seems to be no problem moving these firearms or people charging more. I don't see a sign of a mass dumping of P365's with prices dropping and public panic.

I wish there were. I picked up a number of P320's when people put them up for sale, and every one of them has been a great shooter. I wish the public panic over the drop issue had carried on a bit longer, as I could have used some more magazines and even a few more pistols.

Broken primers can be dealt with. While Sig's initial offering came up short, modified designs, tool steel or better metalurgy, etc, and better design, can work around that issue. It's no escuse to release the pistol in a state that couldn't handle the use, but the point is that it's no reason to have a fire sale, either. It can be fixed.

The dead trigger issue, likewise, can be positively addressed so that it doesn't happen again. Sig hasn't tackled this as they should, as it continues to happen...but these are mechanical issues which are neither mysterious nor magical. They're fixable.

There there does happen to be a panic dump of P365's on the market, I'll certainly snap more up. I don't see it happening.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Luis A
posted Hide Post
I will wait until the fixes are implemented before buying one.
In the meantime, my CCW will continue to be my trusted P229 with laser grips and night sights.

Posts: 286 | Location: So.Florida | Registered: December 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Just get one. Until I see the actual data of 365 failures, not internet hype, I will assume the majority of 365’s are good to go. Mine falls into the good to go sample.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't be interested in buying a used one at this time, I'd want the latest build. I just checked today and found 2 stores locally that have them in stock for $499.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I was at my gun shop today picking mine up. He had a used one with 2 mags and box for $450, looked like new. I opted to go for the brand new one (born July 29th) for $499.

I will let you know when I shoot it how it does, but felt good in the hand anyhow... Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I hear the horror stories and yet I own two of them. Great pistol and I haven’t had any problems with with mine. They are still less than 500 rounds each though and I am not yet carrying.

I had to laugh, someone mentioned they were confident after a few hundreds rounds to carry their P365 and someone was quick to point out that another “failed” after 1500 rounds so clearly it is a flawed design, unsafe, not worth trusting your life tho, etc.

I also currently have two P226’s and have had 3-4 others that I let go over the years. I recall at least 3 of them “failed” at some point for one reason or another. I guess the P22X platform is crap and unreliable as well. You know, “just a matter of time” before it lets you down in a critical situation.

I think I will just never leave the house again lest it increase the chances of something bad happening.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I think I will just never leave the house again lest it increase the chances of something bad happening.

I think that is a bit extreme.

You know what isn’t? Wrapping yourself in bubble wrap before you leave.

Can’t be too careful these days.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Luis A
posted Hide Post
Sure, sooner or latter ALL mechanical things will fail......ALL!!!

Still love my Sig's, only gun I love more than my Sig's is the FN 57.

Posts: 286 | Location: So.Florida | Registered: December 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luis A:
Sure, sooner or latter ALL mechanical things will fail......ALL!!!

Sure, ALL mechanical things fail sooner or later. I'd just rather my mechanical things fail later, rather than sooner.

I'm enjoying my P365 thus far and am cautiously optimistic. However, lets not kid ourselves, if I was going into a firefight and I could only reach for one 10 round pistol... it would be my G29, G26 or P30sk, not the P365.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post