SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P365???????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P365??????? Login/Join 
posted
I traded for a NIB P365 with a manufacture date of 01/08/2019. I took it home and cleaned and took it outside and ran a box of S&B 124grn through it flawlessly, than changed over to my 9mm reloads and started having light primer strikes. The rounds that did not fire went off in my VP9. So is this a break in thing or does the P365 need more break in time? Does it need to be really wet on the rails? I had lubed with some grease, I could put some Lucas gun oil on it. TIA Kevin

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a p365 made last Spring, bought it new. Once one mentions ‘reloaded’ ammo bells & whistles go off. I say that even though most I shoot are reloads.

Any gun can potentially have issues with about any ammo, factory or reloads. To give a gun the fair chance, I always field strip then make sure things are clean & lightly lubed before shooting.

I’m more an oil guy than grease, for most applications. I know with a Glock the ‘firing pin channel’ may need to be cleaned or checked at times, not sure how Sig compares.

My P365 has been fine with reloads or factory ammo.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
I traded for a NIB P365 with a manufacture date of 01/08/2019. I took it home and cleaned and took it outside and ran a box of S&B 124grn through it flawlessly, than changed over to my 9mm reloads and started having light primer strikes. The rounds that did not fire went off in my VP9. So is this a break in thing or does the P365 need more break in time? Does it need to be really wet on the rails? I had lubed with some grease, I could put some Lucas gun oil on it. TIA Kevin

quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I have a p365 made last Spring, bought it new. Once one mentions ‘reloaded’ ammo bells & whistles go off. I say that even though most I shoot are reloads.

Any gun can potentially have issues with about any ammo, factory or reloads. To give a gun the fair chance, I always field strip then make sure things are clean & lightly lubed before shooting.

I’m more an oil guy than grease, for most applications. I know with a Glock the ‘firing pin channel’ may need to be cleaned or checked at times, not sure how Sig compares.

My P365 has been fine with reloads or factory ammo.

Yup, the bold part. I'll say it's the ammo and not the gun. The rounds that didn't go bang in the P365 but went off in the VP9 doesn't really tell you anything about the SIG. They simply went off in the VP9.

I've taken my new P365s directly to the range without any pre-cleaning and have never experienced any issues.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
What's your load data, particularly bullet type, OAL, primer type, and did you check primers for proper seating depth? Have you plunk tested your rounds in the P365 barrel? I've shot a bunch of my reloads through a P365 with no issues, and actually found the gun to be rather tolerant, but the very nature of reloads makes them all different. Unless the gun is choking on factory ammo, too, I'd be looking at how to adjust your load to the gun rather than the other way around.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Only thing I’ll add is did you try the rounds a second time in the P365 or go straight to the VP9?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since it ran fine on f@ctory ammo I’m guessing it’s one of three Things:
Hard Primers
gunk in your firing pin sleeve
Primers not seated properly.

If you fired those that didn’t go off initially in your 365 again I’m guessing they would have gone off. That would point to The likely culprit being not seated properly primer. The first hit pushes the primer in to place; second hit the round goes off cause the primer is seated.

Good luck

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did try refiring a couple of the duds in the 365 and they did not fire. Where as all the other duds fired fine in the VP9. So I will go shoot some more soon,and see what happens.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
If a gun needs a "break in" period, its a deal breaker for me. Too many times have I heard a company say that to me while I blast another 100.00 through it just to verify it's not really a break in problem. If it needs to be broken in, then do it at the factory and charge me on the back end, just make sure it works when I get it.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran my new January 2021 P365... wet... and in one session, shot 175 rounds Speer Lawman 115gr FMJ and Gold Dot 124gr +P, no issues at all. Really nice carry pistol in a Kydex Tulster IWB.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post