Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Load six if your insides tells you to... Smile
Vaquero is not so old.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Should the old style SA's be called fiveguns? Razz

I have a 1960's era Ruger Super Single Six. Never sent it in for the "sixgun" conversion. I like the click...click...click...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
No, fiveguns are fiveguns.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
^^^

I have a 1960's era Ruger Super Single Six. Never sent it in for the "sixgun" conversion. I like the click...click...click...

Me too, love that click click click!

Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
No, fiveguns are fiveguns.

I think it's more about the practice of keeping one Chamber empty to set the hammer on than about the actual number of chambers.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pictures, far from home for now, but I have a thing for single action revolvers. I like Rugers and I load six, and I do own a few three screws. I like revolvers in general, but don't like cleaning them. It's seven times the work.

On my Vaqueros and Blackhawks I run super blackhawk hammers; wider, lower, easier to thumb. I really like the birdshead grip and smooth grips, in general. Hard rubber with checkering tears my hand up. The gunfighter contoured grips are great.

My last purchase this summer may be a Freedom Arms .41 magnum five shot revolver; been wanting one for some time, and this may be the year.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
No pictures, far from home for now, but I have a thing for single action revolvers. I like Rugers and I load six, and I do own a few three screws. I like revolvers in general, but don't like cleaning them. It's seven times the work.

On my Vaqueros and Blackhawks I run super blackhawk hammers; wider, lower, easier to thumb. I really like the birdshead grip and smooth grips, in general. Hard rubber with checkering tears my hand up. The gunfighter contoured grips are great.

My last purchase this summer may be a Freedom Arms .41 magnum five shot revolver; been wanting one for some time, and this may be the year.

Sounds like you have some interesting guns. Post some pics when you get back home, I'm thinking about a Ruger winter build and would love some ideas.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think the only proper six gun I have now is an SP-101.

I tend to have more five guns that I need, but I didn't need a twelve gun either... Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I think the only proper six gun I have now is an SP-101.

I tend to have more five guns that I need, but I didn't need a twelve gun either... Big Grin

That SP-101 must be a .327 magnum or smaller to get six shots.

Great little revolver, though. A bit heavy, and the triggers need shims and some smoothing, but built like bank vaults, reliable, easy to shoot. Mine is a 3" bbl in .357 magnum.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Come on in, the water's fine, boys!

DSCN0669 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

http://s280.photobucket.com/us...rGP100WC003.jpg.html

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Nice collection Rolan. Yes, you have to buy 2 it seems.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Nice collection Rolan. Yes, you have to buy 2 it seems.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post