SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any personal experience with Polymer 80 PFC9 pistol?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any personal experience with Polymer 80 PFC9 pistol? Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
Anyone have personal hands on experience with the Polymer 80 PFC9 factory pistols? Looks like a solid pistol with lots of nice features compared to Glock. Local shop has them for $469.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoYwXPhn2Eg

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the factory pistols, but I do have experience with the Polymer 80 frame and there is zero chance I would buy one over a factory glock if I was getting an FFL delivered pistol. It is simply not in the same league of material and construction.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Make sure they are actually factory pistols. That price is too low. MSRP is $550 MAP is $499. Selling for less than MAP is unheard of right now.

Makes me suspect it may be a build from a serialized frame kit P80 also sells. If so it's missing 11% FET, which puts it in that price range.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
They're factory Polymer 80 guns sold by a large north western states retailer. identical to the link I posted. They seem very well built and I'm tempted to buy one, but there's very little information available online and only one short review I can find on YouTube.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
At that price you better grab it now. When I find the retailer, it will change.

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:

What is that supposed to mean and why do you care what they sell them for?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

Paging, Karen. You out there? Come in, Karen.

Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Paging, Karen. You out there? Come in, Karen.

You don't know how this industry works.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
So explain it, Karen.

posted Hide Post
I can't speak about this particular gun brand since we don't sell them. But those selling below MAP pisses off dealers who obediently follow the rules. Ask me how I know. Manufacturers letting those pesky miscreants get away with it doubles the frustrations, because customers come in asking for the same kind of shitshow pricing that they find online from those undercutting dealers.

So I tell them that we won't match online pricing. But that we will gladly accept their transfer at DOUBLE our normal transfer rate, because we're one torqued gun shop that won't stand for that kind of underhanded bullshit from online sellers that don't have to worry about covering the operational costs of administering the background check process (which is one aspect that gives them the latitude to undercut MAP in the first place in order to move product).

As for other news: personally I can't stand the Poly80 frames. People who complain about Glocks being 2x4s in hand have evidently NOT held a Polymer80 frame, the epitome of rough sawn lumber. But I get why they are popular, oh those clearly evil ghost gunners...tsk, tsk.

As for those manufacturers who DO investigate and at least threaten punishment...the usual response is to hold a blacklisting over a non-compliant dealer's head. No further direct sales from the manufacturer if it's available, no more access to distributors who wholesale the manufacturer's product. Blackballed until further notice. SIG in the past has been proactive about meting out such action. Glock has as well. We got caught and read the riot act once, on an ad we did many years back for a Black Friday doorbuster gun that apparently pissed off a number of local shops. And that's why we choose to comply.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So explain it, Karen.

No need to make this personal and insult.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
So explain it, Karen.

Boils down to devaluing the product, and violating agreements.

Even if it is in store only, people post violations in public forums like you did. It causes problems for other retailers following the rules. Do it with Glock and a store gets blacklisted, and nasty letters from a Law firm in NYC.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
So you're the designated forum price police, interesting. Don't you have something better to do, like harassing kids on a playground? Maybe reporting someone not wearing a mask?

Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
So you're the designated forum price police, interesting. Don't you have something better to do, like harassing kids on a playground? Maybe reporting someone not wearing a mask?

It's part of my job description IRL. You are taking something personal because you don't understand it, you have no investment in it, and clearly do not know my role in it.

Let us know if you manage to get it before the price changes. Best of luck.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
From here on out I'll run any purchases by you beforehand to make sure they're up to snuff. Is $339.99 for a NIB Kel-Tec PMR30 okay?

Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
From here on out I'll run any purchases by you beforehand to make sure they're up to snuff. Is $339.99 for a NIB Kel-Tec PMR30 okay?

Kel-Tec doesn't have MAP, nobody has MAP on used products. Proceed.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIG228, cool your jets, please. Y'know, you're already on my short list, for your behavior here during my absence. My suggestion is for you to be a ray of sunshine, in which your fellow members long to bask in your warmth.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SIG228, cool your jets, please. Y'know, you're already on my short list, for your behavior here during my absence. My suggestion is for you to be a ray of sunshine, in which your fellow members long to bask in your warmth.

10-4, I'll mind my P's & Q's.

Thanks celticwolf for the nudge. Went on my lunch hour and picked up the PFC9 and a Glock 44 ($359.99). I haven't seen a G44 in stock anywhere for a long time, so figured what the hell. I might go back Friday and get the G17 sized PFS9 and send the slide off to get milled for an RDS. My understanding is the the internals, etc. are Gen3 Glock compatible. My Gen5 G19 mags fit perfect.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Still there, still $469.99. Picked up the PFS9 ("Standard" G17 size) this afternoon.