SIGforum
Looking for a medium size .380

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4780019834

March 11, 2018, 06:58 PM
BravoSierra
Looking for a medium size .380
My wife adores 3 pistols for various reasons. The Sig 230 is easy to carry, and also what I favor for tighter fitting clothes. Also the Taurus 709 Slimline in 9mm. Then for everything else she uses a Cz P07 in 9mm with some CGW upgrades. She says that your wife would likely get more use out of the P07. Ymmv.
March 11, 2018, 06:59 PM
GaryBF
Yes. The gun has an internal hammer.
March 11, 2018, 07:13 PM
taguin
Another vote for the 230/232 !
March 11, 2018, 07:17 PM
45_Auto
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
A Colt Government 380 would be excellent – if you can find one. Locked breech design, so nice soft recoil.

I have one I bought a very long time ago, very nice pistol to shoot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.
March 11, 2018, 08:10 PM
longjohn
I too paid $379.00. I really like it. I might even get a FIST kydex for it
March 11, 2018, 10:21 PM
Ripley
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
A Colt Government 380 would be excellent – if you can find one. Locked breech design, so nice soft recoil.

I had one and hated to get rid of it, in some ways my favorite pistol. There was a metallurgy problem with them where in time, the barrel lugs in the slide would peen over. Traded mine off before it got to that point.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
March 11, 2018, 10:33 PM
jimmy123x
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
I have always been a fan of the SIG P230/232.

The SIG 232 is a very nice mid sized .380 and it fits my hand like a glove.

The Beretta Cheetah is another option for a mid sized .380.
March 11, 2018, 11:47 PM
gc70
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sig P250 .380 Compact?

Discontinued, but still available on the secondary market.

The SIG P250 .380 Compact is a flexible gun. The slide is sub-compact size, which makes it a perfect fit for a sub-compact grip module. The factory "Compact" grip module has the length of the dust cover cut back to fit the shorter slide while still providing 15-round magazine capacity.

March 11, 2018, 11:55 PM
car541
beretta 84.

mid size, can be used cocked and locked, and actually has pretty good capacity (13+1)

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown
March 12, 2018, 10:32 AM
PASig
To the those recommending the P230/P232 I say, NO NO NO

I owned one and while it's a slick little thing, it's got a pretty stout recoil with its blowback action and it WILL slice your hand with slide bite if you aren't careful.

OP: if this isn't going to be carried and the size is not an issue, why not consider the Glock 19?

To me the G19 is the perfect size; not too small yet not too big and shoots very soft for a 9mm

I'd have her try one at a range that rents them and see what you think. The .380 seems to be only chambered in pocket pistols these days with some exceptions like that new S&W.

March 12, 2018, 11:14 AM
soggy_spinout
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Is that a grip safety AVG?

Not AVG responding, but it's a grip safety. Handles a lot like the M&P22C, except for that grip safety that to me feels relatively unobtrusive in hand. We've got one in the shop, but so far younger shoppers aren't impressed. Older shoppers seem to like it, but it's still in the display case...
March 12, 2018, 03:06 PM
fquico
Slide bite aside, I enjoy shooting my p230 sl. It is very accurate and soft shooting! Yes, it is a soft shooter; softer than my P226 legion or my CZ 75.
I solve slide bite using a glove on my shooting hand.
March 12, 2018, 04:12 PM
paulbriand
+1 on the Sig p230 with hogue g10 checkered grips.
Beretta 84/85 are also nice choices for mid sized .380
March 12, 2018, 06:32 PM
NavyGuy
I do enjoy shooting my Cheetah. It's a cool little pistol with a full sized grip. However the slide is stout and recoil is sharper than a tilting barrel version. That browning 1911 style looks pretty good too. If it is reliable and the SA manual of arms can be mastered, that would be a good option

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
March 12, 2018, 07:23 PM
Sunset_Va
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:
I just bought the wife a M&P EZ 380 acp. All the LGS's had the same price $379.00.

Just looking at that photo, it appears, the MP EZ doesn't have a hinged trigger.

美しい犬
March 12, 2018, 09:20 PM
gc70
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Just looking at that photo, it appears, the MP EZ doesn't have a hinged trigger.

Not many hammer-fired guns have a trigger safety.
March 12, 2018, 09:34 PM
Sunset_Va
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Not many hammer-fired guns have a trigger safety.

True, my bad, lo siento. Forgot it wasn't a striker fired pistol.

美しい犬
March 12, 2018, 11:08 PM
lewk
Grand power cp380?
March 17, 2018, 11:03 AM
Lord Vaalic
That M&P EZ looks like it will fit the bill perfectly.

I have tried the G19 route, it's my favorite pistol and I own several, but it's just an ass hair too big for her short fingers. She can shoot it, but I want something she will naturally feel is a good fit so she feels more comfortable and a sense of ownership with it. Sounds like the EZ may be the ticket, easy slide rack, easy mag load and low recoil.

Now I just need to find one around here

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
March 17, 2018, 12:17 PM
SigSentry
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Bersa Thunder .380?

https://bersa.eagleimportsinc....earms/thunder-series

Seconded. Probably one of the best values in a .380. A little more recoil due to the blowback design. It fills my Beretta/ppk role at a much cheaper price tag. $22 mags from gregcote. Very comfortable in the hand.