SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 certified
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 certified Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if Sig used Hogue grips on early 229's? The serial # is AM 26XXX. Thanks

Posts: 6 | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rboone:
Does anyone know if Sig used Hogue grips on early 229's? The serial # is AM 26XXX. Thanks

The only early P229s that came from factory with the rubber Hogue grips on that I'm aware of were the Sport model. The regular early P229s all had the regular plastic grips.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
"AM" is not very early. In my experience, no.

This was my first P229, also an "AM" CPO.

P229AMrside1K by GaryBF, on Flickr

This is my second "AM" P229, all stainless steel.

P229STright1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryBF,

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
What Q said. I bought a new P229 soon after they were introduced, and have owned several since. All the early guns came with standard SIG plastic grips, except for the P229 Sport model I had. Of course that was before SIG started releasing all manner of models,features,colors and grips in more recent years...

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post