SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250/P320 mag baseplate changes to accommodate X5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250/P320 mag baseplate changes to accommodate X5 Login/Join 
Picture of JBird679
posted
In the P320-X5 threads there has been some discussion about Sig making changes to the P250/P320 mag plates in order to accommodate the new X5 grip frame. This appears to impact both the 9mm 21rd mag and the 17rd mag.

I ordered a 21rd mag from Cabelas a few weeks ago, and when adding it to my others today I noticed that it has one of the new plates. Unfortunately for my OCD it looks quite a bit different from the original - being squared off and a little more grayish in tint than the original.

Apparently the older plates won't work in the new X5 frame, and the newer one will work in both although it doesn't look right (IMO) in the older frame. On the boxes for both, the part numbers and UPCs are exactly the same, so we're going to have to refer to them as "gen1" and "gen2" or whatever to differentiate them.

New on left, Old on right:

New:

Old:

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just called Sig the other day to see if they have the newer base plates for the .40 cal extended magazines which they do not have currently. The new style are more square which matches the shape of the newer X5 style grip.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another example of SIG's understanding of the word "modular."

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mallenb1592:
I just called Sig the other day to see if they have the newer base plates for the .40 cal extended magazines which they do not have currently. The new style are more square which matches the shape of the newer X5 style grip.

Looks like they'll start offering them soon:

KIT-MOD-MAG-FLR-PLT-BLK - 798681591862 - FLOOR PLATE, MAGAZINE, FULL SIZE/COMPACT, SNAP, BLK - $9.00
source: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...leased-by-sig-sauer/

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is for the new standard floor plate that fits the X5 groups not for the extended magazines.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I purchased a couple of the full size 40 mags using my 25% off coupon. When they arrived they had the new X floor plates. That's great since I traded out for the new X grip module.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Correct.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Correct.

Thanks! I found the answer (and the parts on Sigs site) and tried to delete my post. You were too quick. lol

Posts: 29 | Registered: August 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post