SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .32 ACP Guardian
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.32 ACP Guardian Login/Join 
posted
Got the urge for something different and never had a mouse gun so I did a little research and jumped in.
Picked up a lightly used .32 ACP Guardian and it came in yesterday. The Guardians and Seecamps are billed as the smallest semi auto handguns in the world (unless something custom built) and this Guardian is tiny. Holds 6 rounds in the mag and this one is a pretty nice looking little handgun.
It came with 2 sets of grips and 200 rounds of .32 and then I picked up a Sneaky Pete holster.
I ordered a Seecamp .32 also and it should be in soon.

IMG_7668 (800x600)

IMG_7673 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
The Guardians and Seecamps are billed as the smallest semi auto handguns in the world (unless something custom built)

There are several semiauto handguns of the same size or even a little smaller. They're just in an smaller caliber: .25 ACP.

FN M1905/Colt 1908 Vest Pocket, FN Baby Browning, Beretta Jetfire, etc.

For comparison, here's a FN Baby Browning next to a NAA Guardian:

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had a NAA .380 Guardian back in 2007 when I first got into handguns, was the second gun I bought. It was way too heavy to be a legit pocket pistol and not pleasant to shoot.

A few years later I had an opportunity to buy the gun that was the inspiration for the NAA's; the Seecamp .32

I also found that while it pocketed quite nicely, it painfully pounded the web of my hand when shooting it. I ended up getting rid of both.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not sure if the guardian is similar to the seecamp in this respect, but a co-worker has one and we have yet to be able to shoot it because it is very ammo picky.

To combat the issue of rimlock with the semi-rimmed .32 ACP cartridge, the magazines are designed to accommodate a very specific OAL. The only .32 ammo we could find locally was ball ammo, and it wouldn't fit in the mags. Apparently there are a few types of JHP ammo that it's specifically designed around. I couldn't find any locally...and now of course there's none anywhere, so we still haven't shot the gun. When things get back to normal, I may get some .32 ACP dies and load up something custom so she can at least go shoot it.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 12 or so year old Seecamp 32 feeds Winchester white box, Hornady Critical Defense, Speer Gold Dot and Winchester Silver Tips just fine. Love my older Seecamp, I know once manufacturing switched there were some early issues but hopefully those are in the past.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ 92fstech,
.32 ACP Winchester White Box.
Truncated cone flat point. Short enough OAL for .32 ACP magazines designed for JHP ammo. (but NOT round nose FMJ ball ammo due to OAL)
It works in my Seecamp reasonably well. Still an occasional malfunction though.
But still better than not shooting a newly acquired firearm.
Speer Gold Dot is the "choice" for serious social encounters in my Seecamp.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
^^^^^ 92fstech,
Truncated cone flat point. Short enough OAL for .32 ACP magazines designed for JHP ammo. (but NOT round nose FMJ ball ammo due to OAL)

Sadly, she's had if for years and never shot it! It's a beautiful little gun. It has its quirks (with her being a newer shooter, I don't love the fact that the mag has to be inserted to rack the slide, as it flies in the face of everything I've taught her about how to safely clear a weapon), but the quality of manufacturing is obvious.

I'll see if I can track some of those WWB flat points down. Do you know if they made different mags designed to work with longer ball ammo? She has a box of that...and these days it might be easier to find a mag than the ammo.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My .380 is safely tucked away. It's not very often I feel like holding onto a lit firecracker Big Grin. Interesting design as it doesn't utilize an ejector.

Pre-Kahr Arms

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Not sure if the guardian is similar to the seecamp in this respect, but a co-worker has one and we have yet to be able to shoot it because it is very ammo picky.

To combat the issue of rimlock with the semi-rimmed .32 ACP cartridge, the magazines are designed to accommodate a very specific OAL. The only .32 ammo we could find locally was ball ammo, and it wouldn't fit in the mags. Apparently there are a few types of JHP ammo that it's specifically designed around. I couldn't find any locally...and now of course there's none anywhere, so we still haven't shot the gun. When things get back to normal, I may get some .32 ACP dies and load up something custom so she can at least go shoot it.

The Seecamp was designed for the Silvertip .32 JHP

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
SummersAtTheLake, I can relate to the itch for a mouse gun. About a year or so ago I finally bought a Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. It’s a chunky little monkey, though! Shoots pretty well, though, but I did get a little slide cut on my thumb because I was choking up on it too high for it’s size.

92fstech — your co-worker might benefit from the tip-up barrel on the Tomcat.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
SummersAtTheLake, I can relate to the itch for a mouse gun. About a year or so ago I finally bought a Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. It’s a chunky little monkey, though! Shoots pretty well, though, but I did get a little slide cut on my thumb because I was choking up on it too high for it’s size.

I woke up one morning recently and said to myself...."myself a new handgun sounds fun and let's do something" Smile

Started with Keltec's, Ruger LCP, and Beretta's and then stumbled onto Guardians. I was torn between the Guardian and Seecamp and solved that by buying both. Bud's has new Seecamps in .32 for $447.00 and .380's for $505.00 shipped.

Seecamp has a good forum with lots of good info...looks like Guardians will run most ammo but Seecamps are pretty picky and that is the biggest concern I had with the Seecamp....neither one will get a lot of range time

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
^^^^^ 92fstech,

I lucked into Seecamp back in the mid 90's, and carry it often

it has never failed, but I only carry it with Silvertips (I have several boxes tucked away)

I also had a gent give me a case gauge for the Seecamp,
simple C shaped piece of metal cut tot he correct length to make sure the ammo fits,

I've handled a few guardians, and they are nicely made, but slightly heavier and bigger than the Seecamp,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I like mouse guns, but they seem to spend way more time in the safe than they do on me since the 365's came around.

I "had" the Seecamp, and still have a Beretta in .22, a P3AT Keltec, and the big boy of the 3, a Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My .380 Guardian is an excellent tool for numbing virtually all of the nerves in my shooting hand. Of course it's an entirely different situation once that numbness wears off. I've thought about having that little 'pointy crest' at the top of the backstrap rounded off, which is my main gripe with the amount of "WHAMMO" that this gun imparts on my poor shooting hand. Otherwise it's been a surprisingly reliable gun.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a Guardian in .25NAA just for the sheer oddity of it. The uncertain availability of finding the ammo has always been the proverbial bucket of ice water that cools me off from that collector fantasy.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My first "mouse gun" was this AMT 380 Backup II I picked up in 1997. It was NOT fun to shoot. And I had trouble reaching and operating the safety without having to cant the little demon in my hand. That said, unlike many others' experiences, the sucker actually always fired.

It 2010 it was traded in on another firearm.

Today the closest I have to a mouse gun is my trusty Sig P238. Big Grin
As an aside I once owned a Kel-Tec P11 too which also was very reliable but with an atrocious trigger despite fluffing and buffing.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:.

Today the closest I have to a mouse gun is my trusty Sig P238. Big Grin
As an aside I once owned a Kel-Tec P11 too which also was very reliable but with an atrocious trigger despite fluffing and buffing.

P11 owner here. Its my pocket carry option
The trigger is definitely quite heavy, and the flex in the plastic trigger doesn't help. Upgrading to an aluminum trigger made it a lot better to shoot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In it's day the Seecamp had the best combination of concealability and performance. I ended up selling my Seecamp and NAA and use the Ruger LCP as my small pocket gun.

I'm still a fan of of the .32 ACP cartridge, using it now in a Tomcat and PPK, and also .32 revolvers.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:

True, but she already has the seecamp. I don't remember the whole story about how she got it, but iirc there's some sentimental attachment as well. It really is a nice little gun...just a bit more complicated logistically and mechanicaly than some.

posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan of the KelTec P32. Thin, light, yet with the benefit of locking action vs blowback. Plus, it accommodates regular ball ammo.
Mine is loaded with hot S&B FMJ, which it shoots very well. I’ve also shot some Hornady 32 XTP’s in it, which it seemed to like.
I’ve used a few different pocket pistols over the years. For my uses, the P32 is the best yet. Literally a pistol you can drop in a pocket and forget about.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post