SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 sight pusher
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 sight pusher Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
Does anyone make a sight pusher for the P320?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
MGW makes slide “shoes” for the P320 to fit their “Sight Pro” tool, and, I believe, the somewhat less expensive Range Master tool.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I have the Sight-Tool.com universal pusher that is constantly sold on eBay for $65. Worked like a charm on the P320.

It comes from a small machine shop in WA state. Seller also makes & sells offroad 4x4 parts.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
MGW makes slide “shoes” for the P320 to fit their “Sight Pro” tool, and, I believe, the somewhat less expensive Range Master tool.

Seconded. MGW makes amazing sight pushers, though they do not come cheap. I imagine many of the less expensive more generic ones will work as well, they just take a bit more care to avoid damaging your slide.

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am using the Wheeler Engineering sight tool. Used it more than a handful of times on a P320 legion, X5, X compact, M18, and it works well for me. MGW is also great but costs more.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I have the Sight-Tool.com universal pusher that is constantly sold on eBay for $65. Worked like a charm on the P320.

I have this exact pusher as well and it works great. I've done 2 of my 320's and every one of my 220's with it.

walker, if you just need to it for a short time I'd be happy to send you mine to use.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

It comes from a small machine shop in WA state. Seller also makes & sells offroad 4x4 parts.

I'm local to iron chef & borrowed his pusher to do night sights on my 320.
Worked great. Shimmed it with a piece of credit card to prevent marring the slide/sights.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I was considering this very thing as compared to just using a Dawson supplied punch.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I may try the sight tool. Thanks guys!

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've changed out a bunch of P320 sights using the Rear-Sight Tool (RST).

http://www.rearsighttool.com

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just changed my HKP30L sights to Trijicons Hd Xr with a good brass punch everything turned out fine. I t takes longer to get the proper fit sanding the bottom of the sights than anything.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m glad it worked out but any punch isn’t the best idea when dealing with tritium vials. Brass may not mar the finish but it is still a punch. Only thing I use a punch for is those fiber optic fronts. They are so skinny it seems looking at them wrong might bend them. Lots of people do though and if you’re careful it usually ends fine. A good pusher takes all the worry out of the equation though.

Put me in the MGW sight pro/master category. Never met a sight that it wouldn’t install with confidence. Big ass screw for leverage. Inside shoe to ensure you don’t pinch slide. Can get pusher as low on frame as possible easily. Occasionally I have to buy a 20 dollar shoe for an oddball gun. Can’t beat buying quality once.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
MGW doesn't make one for the 320.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
MGW doesn't make one for the 320.

The standalone sight pushers are being phased out. The SightPro and Rangemaster covers every make and model making the proprietary versions less desirable.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. I have the RangeMaster apparently. I’ve changed sights on all 5 of my 320’s. It’s just math. Simple search shows them for 179. I’m sure you could beat that. It’s good for basically everything. Just need a shoe per style gun.

The other pushers cost less initially but just look at the size of the screw and threading. The MGW screw is easily double the size. You get a tough to remove sight and you will be glad you spent extra for a quality tool. And yes, a punch and hammer is cheaper as well.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:

I have this exact pusher as well and it works great.

I use this same on on my P320s.

I was already heavily invested in the standalone single-brand MGW sight pushers, and just needed a pusher solely for P320s. If circumstances were different, like I didn't already own a bunch of brand-specific pushers, I'd definitely invest in the MGW Sight Pro and whatever shoes you need. That's the best move nowadays.

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Which cheaper eBay version is the best and does it work for both front and rear?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the wheeler engineering sight pusher on my p320 compact

Worked like a charm

Nevertheless : if mgw would make a designated sight pusher for the p320 : i would buy it

Not a fan of the mgw sight pusher with the different shoes you have to purchase especially when these shoes are so hard to come by where i live in Europe

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Which cheaper eBay version is the best and does it work for both front and rear?
Sight-tool

This is the one I have and it works on both front and back sights. $65 shipped isn't too bad I think.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the MGW tool work on the P365/P365 XL series? Are there shoes to fit it?

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post