SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P290RS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P290RS Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else experience trigger issues, particularly reset issues, with their 290?

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
never with my P290RS...was an issue with the original P290...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have. Trigger had to be manually pushed forward to reset so I sent it back to Sig; got it back in 10 days. Works fine now but makes me wonder......
I like the gun but wonder if this reset problem will come back??? Look on this forum you see how common this problem is. Before I bought my gun the two I checked out in a gunshop had this problem. I ordered mine on line and after 50 rounds I noticed this was happening on the one I have.
Sig said they "adjusted" the trigger.
Call Sig they will send you a label for free return.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to read this. I just learned of the 290 not long ago but still haven't seen one. Whatever interest I had is gone now reading this.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Reliable as any other Sig I've owned. Maybe I'm just blessed..... Smile

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, mine has been perfect through an admitted not as many rounds as I might fire through a bigger gun. Only gripe is it’s heavier than some in the same class. Of course that doesn’t hurt when shooting. Neither do real night sights. I like mine. I would buy a spare.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better than 1000 rounds through my original P290, now with no trigger issues. Good gun, one that I carry on occasion, but too heavy for pocket carry in any garment that's not a winter parka. It's accurate enough for all defense shots out to 15 yds, has night sights that work, but I can as easily conceal a P229 with my ward robe choices. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I'll contact Sig.

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sixgunner455
posted Hide Post
The one I had never did that. Accurate and reliable, good sights.

Posts: 1685 | Location: Here be Dragons! | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I've had my 290RS for many years now and it has also been 100% reliable with both ball and hollow point ammo. It's a great little pistol that I pocket carry frequently when it's not feasible to carry something larger.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post