SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Learned something new today: A Mk25 that is Made In Germany!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Learned something new today: A Mk25 that is Made In Germany! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
That's interesting. Did Sig US ever make it with the standard rail? I can't recall ever seeing one without the 1913 rail.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Ugh. So it seems that SIG NH marketing has a global reach. At least they didn't forget the anchor, though frankly it's hard to tell if that's just Photoshopped onto a pic of a regular P226. I'm surprised Merkel and her cronies would allow something like that to go unnoticed, given how they been to SIG and the U.S.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is not an MK25! this is eventually a P226 Navy, the mk25 has the M1913 picatinny rail, this is the standard rail.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I have a MK25 that I purchased when they were first available for sale. It has a M1913 rail and the frame says made in Germany. It has the U prefix serial number as well.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
I have a MK25 that I purchased when they were first available for sale. It has a M1913 rail and the frame says made in Germany. It has the U prefix serial number as well.

But does the slide say made in Germany and chambered in 9x21? Wink

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not fake or photoshopped.

According to one of the guys who has one, it is triple serial numbered, with the German proof marks.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Those German Seals, they're real bad asses" Smile

It's like the stainless slide version of my railed folded slide German P226...with an anchor.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
No and I never said it did. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:

But does the slide say made in Germany and chambered in 9x21? Wink

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"Those German Seals, they're real bad asses" Smile

It's like the stainless slide version of my railed folded slide German P226...with an anchor.

All jokes aside, the frog boys from Kiel are bad asses.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with Italian gun laws, but the fact that the store selling this model seems to only be advertising SIG rifle CO2 replicas with fixed stocks and the Legion, SIG Pro and other handguns seem to be predominately chambered in 9X21, I would hazard a guess that this MK25 +1C is being built for, and in compliance with, the civilian commercial market. I suppose that it could have been chambered in the 9X21 for some specific government contract, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'd love to get my mitts on one to check it out and see if it differs at all from a standard P226 frame or slide. Any thoughts on whether a standard P226 frame and slide could accommodate the 9X21?

I would really like to see some pics from the right side and different angles. It appears to be roll marked with an earlier font style...perhaps Germany is still using this style?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Italian civis are not allowed the 9x19. Hence, the 9x21.

Q

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I'd love to get my mitts on one to check it out and see if it differs at all from a standard P226 frame or slide. Any thoughts on whether a standard P226 frame and slide could accommodate the 9X21?

The over all of the 9x19 and the 9x21 are the same. The 9x21 has a longer case but the projectile is 2mm shorter or set 2mm deeper into the case. CIP pressuer rating is the same. All SIG and SIGSauer pistols including the P210 can be had in 9x21 for that reason.

As for "Made in Germany", there is no clear guide lines of how much value that had to be added to a product to be marked with "Made in Germany". If might be as well an assembly of US made parts finished in Germany. We only speculate it was, but we actually don´t know unless soembody has spoken with SIGSauer how they deal with this markings.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Dosen't Beretta produce 92 variants chambered in 9x21 for the Italian market? Makes sense Sig would do the same.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
ALL European manufactuers produce pistols in 9x21 for the Italian market. One even does not have to live in Italy to get a 9x21. Anywhere you are in EU, you can order it through your dealer. It does not make sense but it´s possible.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
The over all of the 9x19 and the 9x21 are the same. The 9x21 has a longer case but the projectile is 2mm shorter or set 2mm deeper into the case. CIP pressuer rating is the same. All SIG and SIGSauer pistols including the P210 can be had in 9x21 for that reason.

Ahh, I knew the 9mm Parabellum and 9x21 IMI case length was different, but was not aware that the overall length and the maximum pressures were virtually identical. So, it would appear that chambering a platform in both calibers is fairly easily doable.

But what about magazines? Would a 9x21 cartridge function properly out of a 9mm Parabellum magazine, or is there some design nuance that requires a magazine specific to the 9x21 IMI cartridge?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post