SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP 2 - anyone else taking the plunge?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP 2 - anyone else taking the plunge? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I have owned two LCP's in the past, and told them both. However, the new LCP 2 looked interesting so I grabbed one. I wanted a pocket pistol, and a back up for my duty gun.

I have been 100% pleased with this little guy. No malfunctions and all the improvements have made this a fine ccw choice. (At least for me)

Anyone else pick one up? Your thoughts / experiences?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I did..bought a used lcp and the trigger has to almost touch the frame before it will fire. Bought a lcp II. shoot s great but I havent shot a lot of rounds through it, so havent started carrying it yet

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother just bought one. Did yours have a big red rubber band on the grip? She preferred shooting with the band on.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your first sentence doesn't really make any sense, but I've always been a fan of the LCPs as a backup gun or a throw in the gym shorts pocket gun(original LCP trigger kinda sucks). The LCP II is a nice backup gun too I think Ruger did a good job on the LCP II

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Your first sentence doesn't really make any sense, but I've always been a fan of the LCPs as a backup gun or a throw in the gym shorts pocket gun(original LCP trigger kinda sucks). The LCP II is a nice backup gun too I think Ruger did a good job on the LCP II

Sorry between my fat fingers and autocorrect it got jumbled. Thanks for the heads up - fixed

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I own one and I'm very happy with it compared to my experience with the original LCP. I actually carried it all day today as the jeans I was wearing have pockets too small for my normal carry Kahr PM9.

Carry ammo has been Hornady XTP hollowpoints.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Not so happy here.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4970061524

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've not had any such issues but I will watch for anything like that.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Not so happy here.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4970061524

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've not had any such issues but I will watch for anything like that.

Not mine, Dtech's.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and so far have not had any issues with mine. I agree it's a big improvement over the original LCP. I've been carrying it on a regular basis.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I looked hard at them, but ultimately decided against buying one. Personally, I did not find their internal safety strong enough.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have been extremely happy with my 2nd generation LCP since installing a Galloway stainless steel guide rod, 13# recoil spring, and a Hogue Handall rubber grip sleeve. I have also painted the front sight white.

It serves me well.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The new recoil spring change the recoil any?

For me, the finger rest puts my hand in an awkward position,mprefer the flat bottom base plates.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Sticking with the Gen2. Not interested in a bigger, heavier version.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
much better trigger. frame is wider. not a big deal in concealment but a vast improvement in recoil managment, especially for people with large hands. sights a a lot nicer.

But i am going to shoot it more before i start carrying it

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
The new recoil spring change the recoil any?

For me, the finger rest puts my hand in an awkward position,mprefer the flat bottom base plates.

The 13# spring makes it more reliable for me, absolutely 100% now, and yes it does seem to make a big difference in recoil management.

I am happy with it, it seems to run like a little sewing machine.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$179 at PSA today for the original, free shipping too.

I have three already, one has about 750 rounds but still works fine.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with my (non-dash) LCP and see no reason to upgrade. Besides I also have a 238.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite happy with mine. Dead reliable so far, and it has passed the test to go "on duty."

More pleasant to shoot than my standard LCP, that's for sure.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have the original LCP. Stopped into my LGS to look at the LCP 2 based on what I read above. Almost bought it, then the clerk handed me a Glock 42.

I'm pondering. Anybody have both and thus a comment?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post