SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Manual Safety?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Manual Safety? Login/Join 
posted
This has probably been discussed but I didn't see anything from a quick search.

BPS has P365s with the manual safety advertised for $399 plus tax at my local store.

I've got the original P365, Glock 43, Glock 43X, Springfield Hellcat OSP, and others so not sure I need a manual safety P365.

However, at that price I was thinking about it. What are the "pros" and "cons" on the manual safety P365? Have there been any issues with them?

Thanks,

Robert

Posts: 111 | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just got a P365 with manual safety. It was pricier than the non-safety version, but I'm used to the manual safety on my P938, so I decided to go for it.

One thing I've noticed, and I like this small "improvement," is that the safety won't engage if the magazine is empty and there's no round in the chamber. I wouldn't use that to make sure the gun was cleared, but to me it's a nice touch.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just took my new one out to the range this week. I shot about 150 rounds of various types of ammo and everything worked well.

I have had an original model for about a year. Both guns shoot fine, but I was never comfortable without a safety.

armadill0

Posts: 35 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: April 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is it an ambi safety?

Wife is a lefty and I would like her to carry something with a little more energy than her current P238.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, ambi safety.

Ditto what others here have said.

Pros are it shoots like a dream laser and I forget I have it on me sometimes, even with a kydex AWIB holster. Cons....well, I haven't found any. For what it is, it's great. Zero issues, aside from a gritty trigger that took a bunch of dry fire and lubrication to get broken in and mostly fine. Not distracting when shooting, though, that's for sure.

Mine is a near-perfect AWIB carry piece off duty, and all I need to do now is figure out how to carry it as a backup on duty.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I checked the sale info and called the local Bass Pro.
The P365 that's on sale for $399.00 is the two tone stainless slide model. It's a very good deal.

Too bad. If it was the blued one with the manual safety I probably would have bought one.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I waited for the manual safety to be offered on the 365, now I'm waiting for it to be available on the 365XL.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
I checked the sale info and called the local Bass Pro.
The P365 that's on sale for $399.00 is the two tone stainless slide model. It's a very good deal.

Too bad. If it was the blued one with the manual safety I probably would have bought one.

It was the stainless slide model, no safety and contrast sides. Probably a lower cost model for BPS, not shown on the Sig website.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I don't think so.
Another local gun shop has the same two tone at $499, which is what the shop prices the nitron guns with or without safety at.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
I don't think so.
Another local gun shop has the same two tone at $499, which is what the shop prices the nitron guns with or without safety at.

Yep, there is a stainless model with night sights I believe. The one at BPS doesn’t have them and reports are it comes with just one mag.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I waited for the manual safety to be offered on the 365, now I'm waiting for it to be available on the 365XL.

Me too. Got the 365 with safety and want a XL with safety. Never felt comfortable with any of my striker fired pistols (Glock26 and Beretta Nano) with the trigger dongal feature.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post