SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Grip Module (Gen 1 vs Gen 2)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Grip Module (Gen 1 vs Gen 2) Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a new SIG P320C that left the factory in March and had the new Gen 2 Grip Module on the gun. Thinking I would get the newest module directly from SIG, I ordered a second grip module, size large, GRIP-MOD-C-943-LG-ODG. It arrived today and it was the older Gen 1 Grip Module with the KIT-320-SCL (Slide Catch Assembly). Other than how it looks and that I wanted the Gen 2 grip, any problems using the Gen 1 grip as a replacement? Any way to order the correct Gen 2 grip from SIG?

The bottom grip is the newer Gen 2 that came with the gun and the top is the old Gen 1 Grip Module that SIG sent me.

Posts: 20 | Location: Tampa | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
You should be fine. If it were the other way around (a Gen 1 pistol and a new Gen 2 frame)then you would have problems. The Gen 1 slide release is noticeably larger and won't work in a Gen 2 frame.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I tried ordering two of the newer modules from SIG and received a Gen 1 from them. Their excuse was that they have the same part number and it's a crapshoot what you'll receive. I sent it back.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I recently placed an order for a new compact grip module, on back order, and now I'm wondering if I will also get the gen one version. It's a different size from the medium my gun came with, so I'll be fine either way I guess.

My dealings with customer service have been good so far, however not as good as I'd like. I ordered two take down levers and they came with no o ring. I spoke with them via email and they sent me two free of charge, but wouldn't it make sense to tell me when I placed the order they do not come with them? I would think so. Likewise, when ordering a grip module, wouldn't you think they would mention you might get the gem one instead of the gen two thus giving you the opportunity to make clear your preference since one is assuming a gen two is automatically what you will get.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they get hundreds of returns they will get the message and start marking them, GEN 1 and GEN 2. I expected to get the most recent version (GEN 2) from the factory, not having to use 3rd parties such as Ebay.

May also be a waste of parts to include the KIT-320-SCL Side Catch Assembly Kit with the GEN 1 grips? I got the GEN 1 grip module and parts kit for a new gun that uses the GEN 2, don't think I need to replace the Side Catch?

For $9.95 shipping it took a week for FedEx Post delivery, slow delivery option for a parts situation. FedEx Post, goes to a FedEx Hub and transfers the shipment to the Post Office to continue the delivery. The Post Office offers a two day priority mail for $7.00. Get with it SIG, update your shipping solutions and make sure your customers get the correct parts.

Posts: 20 | Location: Tampa | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I talked with Sig CS about this veey thing because the P320 caliber exchange kit came with a new style slide catch release and the new compact frame.

Short answer:

The NEW style slide catch release WILL work with the Gen 1 P320 grip frames.

The OLD style slide catch release WILL NOT work with the new Gen 2 P320 grip frames.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post