SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 "We the People" - anyone shot it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 "We the People" - anyone shot it? Login/Join 
posted
Seen lots of reviews about the looks of this but has anyone shot it? Any comments? Was thinking of picking one up but would really like to hear how it is in real life. Thanks!

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Same as any other Sig just a different finish.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
It is a Sig 1911. Sig 1911s have proven to be reliable. Both of mine are. There are only cosmetic differences between most of them. You should be fine with it.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a shot at one for 750-800. Still would love to hear from someone who shot one, even though I know it's a Sig.
Can't find much of anything online and they've ben out a year, I believe.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, it just looks different than mine. Which has performed flawlessly for years.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, maybe it just looks different but I want to hear from someone who's used it before I spend a large amount of my cash. It's kind of odd - everyone says they've seen them but I haven't come across anyone - except one person selling his - that has actually bought and used one. And he's selling it.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Do you like the way it looks? Because that’s what you’re buying, is the way it looks. It’s a SIG 1911, and several members who own and shoot SIG 1911’s have replied and said they’re good to go. The only difference is the stonewashed finish, the engraving, and the grips. Exactly how much do you expect any of those to affect how it shoots? You’re paying a good chunk of change for the looks with this thing, not the shootability.

If you like it, buy it. If it shoots like crap, send it to SIG.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogerwilco:
Yes, maybe it just looks different but I want to hear from someone who's used it before I spend a large amount of my cash.

The primary differences from Sig's other full sized 1911s are the grips and the exterior finish. This is the way all pistol manufacturers differentiate much of their pistol lines. The internals will be the same and it will shoot the same.

Sig does not design a whole internal configuration to mate with an external finish change.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it looks like everyone feels that a Sig is a Sig is a Sig and the 1911s are all alike but no one here has shot it.

Thanks. I won't ask any further.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Rogerwilco

I get what you're saying. I know many are saying its cosmetic. Which is true, but you're curious to as that batch, and if there have been issues with those specific ones. Also, why you can't find anyone that says they have shot exactly that variant. Right?

Posts: 440 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Maybe no one here wants to admit they they actually own that ugly thing. OP, ask folks to email you their range reports. Razz

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogerwilco:
So it looks like everyone feels that a Sig is a Sig is a Sig and the 1911s are all alike but no one here has shot it.

Thanks. I won't ask any further.

Some of us have shot a number of Sig 226, 228, 220, 225, 229, whatever models. Assuming one stays with the same trigger type -- regardless of grips of colors, they pretty much shoot exactly the same.

Some of us have shot a number Glocks of many of model numbers. Assuming the grips and triggers are OEM -- regardless of colors, they pretty much shoot exactly the same.

Some of us have shot a number of 1911s from a number of companies -- Kimber, Colt, Wilson, Bear, Brown, Springfield, Dan Wesson, and yes even a few Sigs -- stay within a given product line and they pretty much shoot exactly the same.

Experience will tell one this, if one is willing to accept it.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
We’ve been going about this all wrong, gentlemen. Here, we meet “that guy” for whom the Rainbow Diamondplate Emperor Scorpion Fastback Carry “We The People” SAS Gen 2 edition was made for (in any model, frame size or caliber), and laid bare is the fact that this customer is not a gun person in any discernible way.

Well done, SIG USA.

Roger, first gun? I get it, you just want it to be all perfect when you get your cherry popped. I hear you can get a voucher for fresh rose petals to sprinkle on your sheets for when you take it home.

Here’s the truth: nobody buys these editions for their shootability if that’s what they care about. People buy these cutesy guns to show off to their friends that don’t shoot or know anything about guns, and that’s about what they’re good for. You want a good SIG 1911 shooter? Ask for a suggestion along that line, otherwise, you can only be taken so seriously, asking how shootable a Ron Cohen special edition collectible is.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Our other buyer brought one in. The whole distressed thingy is silly looking. But at least you'll never worry about scratching the damned gun. Goes well with those cheap MIC Kershaw knives that tout the same stupid distressed/stonewashed look.

The gun surprisingly (to me) sold relatively fast, unlike some of our other 1911s, so I guess it resonates with at least some of our customer base. Hopefully none that I actually socialize with.

However the 238 and 938 versions--which came in about a week ago--is even more stupid-looking. And no, I haven't shot any of them in that dorky form. I honestly don't know what message SIG NH is trying to say with this theme; that every American should be able to own a handgun that looks like it came right out of the evidence locker?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This is akin to wanting to buy a Ford F150, but complaining that all the reviews you've read are of black or grey F150s, whereas you want a red F150.

It's mechanically the same, just with a different cosmetic finish.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and of course know in advance that if you send it back to sig for a serious issue once they drop it (soon) from the product line, its probably not going to come back as the same product.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post