SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Pistol Today, Thoughts on SIG Romeo1 Pro?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pistol Today, Thoughts on SIG Romeo1 Pro? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
jsjac...

Very interesting! Much more cost effective than the $90+ Leupold option. Much less bulky as well.

Do you have one of these?

If so, what front sight do you use (I am assuming you need a suppressor sight height as you do with the RP1)? UPDATE #1... Check that, I see on the Galloway site that I would need a .455 height sight for the 320 with the DPP rear sight insert.

I am definitely going to get one of these if you are giving it your endorsement?

UPDATE #2: Saw this... this may be what I want, rear DPP sight and the matching front site. Dawson Precision

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
P320cRX, Romeo 1.

In reading where individuals are "hunting" for the dot at presentation, all I can say is to work unloaded on your (1) grip at holster, (2) drawing to two-handed purchase and finally (3) forward presentation.

With just a day or so in practicing the usage of the "dot" it cleaned up many of my bad habits I was not even aware I had. Not only has my speed and accuracy improved using the "dot," it has also improved when using the co-witnessed iron sights.

Consistency of presentation is the key regardless of optic/sight choice, especially where both speed and accuracy matter.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not use the Galloway rearsight. I only have the DPP and a front sight on my carry gun.
I agree the the draw and grip need to be practiced the get the correct presentation every time.
The dot sight will show you your inconsistent grip very easily.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My main gripe with the Romeo 1 Pro over the DPP is that to adjust the zero, you MUST use a tiny flathead screwdriver while with the DPP and the RMR, you can use the rim of a 9mm case to fine tune if needed.

However, the DPP is a chunky guy that needs a taller front sight on the P320 Legion for sure and maybe taller than the Sig suppressor front sight.

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Both it and the Romeo1 Pro will arrive on Monday. I will look at them both and return 1 (probably the SIG, but I like the idea of longer battery life and the rear site notch).

Boz... if you decide to dump the Sig Romeo 1 Pro.... let me know. I've been trying to find one recently.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A .455 front sight is gigantic and you may run into issues with holster fitment. The insanely tall profile is one of the biggest downsides to the DPP (the single button interface that requires you to block the emitter to change the brightness is the other).

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DaBigBR...

I have ordered this: Dawson Precision DPP Set

The front sight is .400, so lower than the front sight needed for the Galloway Precision DPP Rear Sight Insert.

El Cid 92...

I have already started the RMA process with Primary Arms. My refund from them will be $350 with my return tax and shipping is going to cost me about $15. I would need to recoup these costs because the sight would be new in box, still factory sealed. Where are you located? E-mail me at my profile e-mail if you want to discuss further or do not want to post your location here...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post